2024 Recruiting Class

btownqb

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 9:45 AM, Seeking6 said:

Will throw this in here. Pretty good article on how much talent the state has in baseball.

https://www.wishtv.com/sports/indiana-a-baseball-hotbed-more-than-150-indiana-hs-baseball-players-sign-to-play-college-baseball/

Indiana's talent in baseball is excellent. 

Been that way for a while. Bama's starting 2B is a Center Grove kid, with multiple other examples. But then you have examples like Jack Perkins... Top 200 kid out of HS, didn't get a real shot/struggled at UL... comes to IU for a year, Mercer lets him play the Friday night bulldog role, and now he's a Top 20 MLB prospect for the As, one year into his pro career. 

• Like 2

On 11/20/2023 at 11:06 AM, btownqb said:

Indiana's talent in baseball is excellent. 

Been that way for a while. Bama's starting 2B is a Center Grove kid, with multiple other examples. But then you have examples like Jack Perkins... Top 200 kid out of HS, didn't get a real shot/struggled at UL... comes to IU for a year, Mercer lets him play the Friday night bulldog role, and now he's a Top 20 MLB prospect for the As, one year into his pro career. 

Jack is an awesome and humble kid.  I coached him in middle school track,  had him in class and he would come to our Fellowship of Christian athletes events and activities.   

• 2 months later...

Some publications have BT as a Top 20 player in the country. He did sign his LOI yesterday, which is a good sign... 

well spoken kid... 

If the money is right come July, I am sure he will sign. Need to get out of the Top 6-7 rounds/have had Brayton tell them he wants to go to school.... 

If he does make it to campus-- my goodness our pitching staff could be silly next season-- especially if Sinnard isn't drafted this July. 

• 1 month later...

I assume this will be the class Ryan is in... but this is huge. 

Gilbert was a Top 150 recruit.. a guy that was for sure on MLB drafts radar... 

Got some sort of crazy sickness once he got to college...

obviously I have no clue of the other details.. but this is pretty cool. 

6'5 230 and can play centerfield, at least at the college level with exit velos that are absolutely stupid. 

Heres to rooting for this kid 

• Like 1