2023 PG Miro Little Commits to Baylor

BDB

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Jan 20th is home against Purdue….

Probably couldn’t ask for a better environment for him to see. 

That’s for sure and if he chooses us over Villanova and Baylor with their style of play this staff will have don another excellent job!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm gonna be real blunt here...I don't see anything positive that comes from speculative posts like this. 

There's a lot of season left and a lot of opportunity for players to get better and earn time and for other players to get hurt opening up more playing time.  Barring detrimental conduct issues, I hate to see IU fans mentally shoving players out of the program.

Totally agree!!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm gonna be real blunt here...I don't see anything positive that comes from speculative posts like this. 

There's a lot of season left and a lot of opportunity for players to get better and earn time and for other players to get hurt opening up more playing time.  Barring detrimental conduct issues, I hate to see IU fans mentally shoving players out of the program.

It’s not fans mentally shoving.  He wants to play and he has offers for other places it seems.  His circle is not happy with how the season is coming along for him. He struggles with D and TOs right now.  Phinisee does D really well.  If we had a player who Woodson felt comfortable playing both sides he would play him.  He isn’t playing if Phinisee gets hurt. Bates, Leal and Galloway will get those minutes.  Unless something drastically changes, he most likely is gone.  Know an AAU coach who said it’s like he is being pushed out and they don’t think he is ready to contribute.  

59 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

It’s not fans mentally shoving.  He wants to play and he has offers for other places it seems.  His circle is not happy with how the season is coming along for him. He struggles with D and TOs right now.  Phinisee does D really well.  If we had a player who Woodson felt comfortable playing both sides he would play him.  He isn’t playing if Phinisee gets hurt. Bates, Leal and Galloway will get those minutes.  Unless something drastically changes, he most likely is gone.  Know an AAU coach who said it’s like he is being pushed out and they don’t think he is ready to contribute.  

Well I hate to hear that and I hope you are getting a lot of misinformation.  This is literally his freshman year.  I think he has plenty of time to contribute and if what you are hearing is accurate, I hope his camp shows some patience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU_Realist said:

He isn’t playing if Phinisee gets hurt. Bates, Leal and Galloway will get those minutes.

Not sure that's true...when Rob was out early in the season, Khristian got the PG minutes...when both XJ and Rob got into foul trouble against Syracuse, again, Khristian played...

I'm not sure we've played a minute this year without a true PG (XJ, Rob, or Khristian) being on the floor...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Lander sure still seems very engaged on the sidelines which doesn’t always mean anything but if he were truly that unhappy he sure isn’t showing it.  He could very well leave but I bet Woody already told him he needs to work on certain things and if he is then he will get his chance someday. 

If he was going to leave he could have done it at the end of the semester.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If he was going to leave he could have done it at the end of the semester.

Agreed.

He may very well still leave at some point, but there hasn't been anything from him optically (while on the sidelines) or via social media that suggests he's over IU.

There's a whole lot of speculation and hearsay from people in his camp, but nothing definitive or suggestive from him.

For all we really know, Lander may be in a similar camp to TJD and want to be coached harder. I think it's a bit premature to assume everyone who doesn't play has a thin skin and is looking to jump ship.

I'll tell you what, if he sticks around and makes the choice to improve to meet Woodson's standards, it'll be a strong testament to his character.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Lander sure still seems very engaged on the sidelines which doesn’t always mean anything but if he were truly that unhappy he sure isn’t showing it.  He could very well leave but I bet Woody already told him he needs to work on certain things and if he is then he will get his chance someday. 

I agree with your comments about his body language during games. Been paying attention to that for several weeks and its always very positive. Really engaged and very supportive of his teammates, even the ones playing ahead of him.  Don't know what will happen to him but it can't be easy for a guy so highly recruited to not be playing at all. Hopefully he's working his ass off in practice and can take advantage of any opportunities that may arise during the season.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Exactly...and factor in what Don Fischer said after he interviewed Khristian on his pregame show...go to the 35:55 mark to hear it...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...