2023 PG Miro Little Commits to Baylor

BDB

11 hours ago, Bustout said:

I think he’s been to two games (Baylor and Villanova).   Both lost.   

hopefully the trend doesn’t continue tomorrow!

I lived in Philadelphia for a year and I'm not sure why anyone would want to unless they were born there. 

If we win the environment all that is Bloomington and our fan base would be far more impressive one would think than the other two visits. I would think in a close competitive game it would have similar results as well. 

Embrace the new world of college basketball. Here today and gone tomorrow. Adding an improved PG like Little is necessary to improve the team. If not LIttle then at some point they will add someone else. I do think JHS may be a top future PG option and Lander is absolutely in the mix.

Speaking of Lander, what some are not considering is he plays against X and Rob every day. If he were playing better than them he would be getting their minutes. I still believe he has a high ceiling and IU would be crazy to let him get out of Bloomington. I also think Lander and his family are very smart. They know his biggest hurdle is maturing physically. That doesn't change if he goes to any other Power 5 conference. If he wants to drop down to a mid-major he may get more time now but his biggest issue will be the same.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Embrace the new world of college basketball. Here today and gone tomorrow. Adding an improved PG like Little is necessary to improve the team. If not LIttle then at some point they will add someone else. I do think JHS may be a top future PG option and Lander is absolutely in the mix.

Speaking of Lander, what some are not considering is he plays against X and Rob every day. If he were playing better than them he would be getting their minutes. I still believe he has a high ceiling and IU would be crazy to let him get out of Bloomington. I also think Lander and his family are very smart. They know his biggest hurdle is maturing physically. That doesn't change if he goes to any other Power 5 conference. If he wants to drop down to a mid-major he may get more time now but his biggest issue will be the same.

I agree with these sentiments. In terms of Lander, I think some/many in the fan-base assumes that he and his family make decisions based solely on his playing time.  I don't think we can jump to that conclusion. Lander seems engaged on the bench and seems to interact with the other players well.  If the goal is to get to the NBA than he should stay at IU. If he has what it takes to develop his game to that level, he will get on the court at IU. He also would have a hard time finding a better staff to help in his growth and development.  Plus, if you play 4-5 years at IU, you will always find a career doing something in the state of Indiana.  I just can't see how staying at IU would ever be a hurdle to getting to the NBA, while leaving I think creates potential hurdles.  Either way, IU needs to build a backcourt, and I hope he is part of that future.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

I agree with these sentiments. In terms of Lander, I think some/many in the fan-base assumes that he and his family make decisions based solely on his playing time.  I don't think we can jump to that conclusion. Lander seems engaged on the bench and seems to interact with the other players well.  If the goal is to get to the NBA than he should stay at IU. If he has what it takes to develop his game to that level, he will get on the court at IU. He also would have a hard time finding a better staff to help in his growth and development.  Plus, if you play 4-5 years at IU, you will always find a career doing something in the state of Indiana.  I just can't see how staying at IU would ever be a hurdle to getting to the NBA, while leaving I think creates potential hurdles.  Either way, IU needs to build a backcourt, and I hope he is part of that future.

Honestly, it is clear that Coach likes having point guards. If Lander develops and Miro, Cupps and JHS all come, we will just see a lot of 2 point guard line-ups. 

Also, it seems that Coach wants two complete teams ("hockey" substitutions) - so we need quality depth. 

• Like 2

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I could see why he would leave but I have not heard anything but positives from those around the program and Landers attitude. 

What I was trying to get to is..... if Lander leaves, that's about all I need to know. If that makes sense. Like I don't think our coaching staff would shed a tear if he left, but I think they absolutely want KL on our team to develop him. That's how I look at this situation. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

What I was trying to get to is..... if Lander leaves, that's about all I need to know. If that makes sense. Like I don't think our coaching staff would shed a tear if he left, but I think they absolutely want KL on our team to develop him. That's how I look at this situation. 

That's correct. I would not blame him if he knows he just is not going to get to play I get that. I hope he stays and I hope that he develops because he has a lot to offer. I know that he believes in himself and next year could be big for him

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

That's correct. I would not blame him if he knows he just is not going to get to play I get that. I hope he stays and I hope that he develops because he has a lot to offer. I know that he believes in himself and next year could be big for him

Absolutely. Go compete, kid. Earn it. He comes in next year and plays well... he will be BIG on campus haha to say the least. 

• Like 3

All your future PG recruits look like combo guards….2 of them have good size….
Galloway & Bates are 2-3 wing players 

KL is such a mystery.  
Not trying to be a jerk but NBA is a pipe dream.  Stay and work…IU degree is scholarship for life 

if he leaves for non P5 and struggles there…..

Nojel Eastern situation?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

You're worried about it? or you think it's a solid possibility? 

More worried about it.  All reports I've heard are that he's very much a Hoosier and in sync with the program.  If X and Phin leave, he has a spot next year as at least a #2 PG which in CMW's system means he gets a lot of PT.  But Little committing would give us at least 3 PGs in 2023-24 even assuming that H-S has left.

13 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

The whole Lander issue, and what we seem to see in a number of kids, is that they've played quite a lot of AAU basketball and don't appear to have been taught much basic basketball defense.  JMHO

I think that's some of it, but I think Khristian's bigger issue was and is just not being strong enough physically to compete evenly on this level...I do think he's getting there though...

I also think another year in the program with Clif Marshall will have Tamar Bates in better position to compete and excel on this level...

Edited by IUFLA

3 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

are we worried that with Lander not playing alot(not factoring in injuries) he will stay next year?

If he goes he goes, thats on him and his family. He could develop or he could ride the pine for 4 years. At this point nothing is showing development. I take that back, most of his shots do hit the rim now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

More worried about it.  All reports I've heard are that he's very much a Hoosier and in sync with the program.  If X and Phin leave, he has a spot next year as at least a #2 PG which in CMW's system means he gets a lot of PT.  But Little committing would give us at least 3 PGs in 2023-24 even assuming that H-S has left.

Where would they go?

3 hours ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

So... I have to guess this visit is gonna leave a positive impression?

Without question the best atmosphere he saw on his visits - 17,200 LOUD at IU vs 6,500 at Villanova and 8,800 at Baylor.  Not to mention that he saw 3 upsets on his 3 school tour and only 1 home team win!

• Like 7