Iowa Game Thread

KDB

I predicted us to lose but this performance is totally embarrassing.  It doesn't look like we came  in ready to compete and getting our butts handed to us.  I thought we would beat UC at home but we better get better or that will be a loss as well.

Edited by IU Scott

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

The first one was on the receiver though...it bounced off his shoulder pad, but I get your point. Turnovers killed.

It was a bad read. Doubt the receiver even expected it. Receiver ran like a 3 yard out (which was 3 yards short of first down)…Marshall behind him ran like a 7 route and was wide open for first.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Like I said I never understood the hype with Penix.  He had that one game against MSU where he completed like 20 straight passes.  He also had the OSU and UM last year but besides those games I have not been impressed with him.

I’m hardly a QB coach but it looks like he’s just flicking the ball and not stepping into the throws with authority. Consequently, the ball is sailing.  He’s been highly inaccurate.  Two pick sixes.  He never gave us a chance.