Iowa Post-Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Coach OBVIOUSLY looked very, very disappointed on the sideline…. Many reasons to be.
There, towards the end of the game….It looked like Coach was ripping one of the coaches as he was yelling into his headset mic. Did anyone else see that? 

Thought so.. but.. I think anyone he talks to a this point is going to be "getting a ripping".. it didn't seem egregious to me. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Guys I still don't understand the complaints about play calling.. 

I'm willing to listen.. but goodness, there wasn't once I thought anything about the play calling. 

I do wish we had a better screen game. 

I  am far from a football coach but if we have problems with the OL, why do we run the stretch play out wide.  To me that makes the OL have to stay will their blocks longer.  It seems like we run a lot on 2nd and long as well.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

I've watched sports for probably close to 30 years and this game might be one of the most disapointing performances i have seen from a team i am a fan of. They came out flat and like they weren't ready to play, and that is all on Coach Allen. Also what can be said of Penix other then the fact that he was terrible.

I fully expect Coach Allen to get this team ready from here on out and Penix turn to it around. 👍

Edited by Hoosier51

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I  far from a football coach but if we have problems with the OL, why do we run the stretch play out wide.  To me that makes the OL have to stay will their blocks longer.  It seems like we run a lot on 2nd and long as well.

I can remember one stretch play late in the game. 

A lot of things will get worked on and improved a lot from here, but I'm really tired of our OL being so bad. This has been a recurring theme the last few years.

I had hope that with more experience and a slimmer Jones we'd see better play. Unfortunately still a long ways to go, and I haven't seen anything during Hiller's time here to think it will get much better. Need everybody else to pick it up to help mitigate it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Guys I still don't understand the complaints about play calling.. 

I'm willing to listen.. but goodness, there wasn't once I thought anything about the play calling. 

I do wish we had a better screen game. 

Penix made the play calling difficult. Couple early 2nd and 15s we ran I think the same counter play maybe for losses…it just snowballed so fast it’s hard to point to that…especially when Penix was staring down guys.

• Like 2