2023 OT Luke Burgess

btownqb

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

With that program.. (same on that produced Kyle King DE at MSU and Charlie Spegal).. we want this kid. And I think it's fairly obvious the staff does, as well. 

Kinda figured with their program. He seems to have a Jason Spriggs build in high school.  Wonder if he plays basketball or any other sports? 

14 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Kinda figured with their program. He seems to have a Jason Spriggs build in high school.  Wonder if he plays basketball or any other sports? 

Came off the bench. Probably split time with JV/V as a SO. Fairly common. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Came off the bench. Probably split time with JV/V as a SO. Fairly common. 

Actually he sat the bench on varsity all year and didn’t play jv. The talk this summer was that he probably wasn’t going to play basketball this year.

42 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Actually he sat the bench on varsity all year and didn’t play jv. The talk this summer was that he probably wasn’t going to play basketball this year.

Oh.. then why did the stays say otherwise? Is there two L Burgess? 

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/new-palestine-dragons-(new-palestine,in)/basketball-winter-20-21/stats_by_player.htm

I honestly have no clue. Only going off these stats.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I was speaking in general. He played in 18 varsity basketball games and averaged 2.6 ppg. In most games he'd play a minute here or there but would sit the majority of the game. 

scored 47 points, quite a bit for a bench player. He played a fair amount in the game I linked, it seemed by the write up. Not sure why he wouldn't play JV then. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

scored 47 points, quite a bit for a bench player. He played a fair amount in the game I linked, it seemed by the write up. Not sure why he wouldn't play JV then. 

He never scored 47 points in a game. 47 points was his season total. He scored 5 against Herron. New Pal is in my schools conference and we played them this summer too. I know New Pal quite well. I also know why he didn't play JV but I'm not getting into that. 

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

He never scored 47 points in a game. 47 points was his season total. He scored 5 against Herron. New Pal is in my schools conference and we played them this summer too. I know New Pal quite well. I also know why he didn't play JV but I'm not getting into that. 

I realize that lol 47 is a fair amount.. like he played some, you don't score 47 by just hardly ever playing, varsity basketball game aren't long enough to do that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

I realize that lol 47 is a fair amount.. like he played some, you don't score 47 by just hardly ever playing, varsity basketball game aren't long enough to do that. 

It just depended on the game. My point I was originally trying to make was that he only would play in a quarter or two most nights. He would likely be there starting 5 this year if he plays but as of this summer it didn’t sound like he was going to but who knows. I do think he’d be a really good pickup for IU football though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It just depended on the game. My point I was originally trying to make was that he only would play in a quarter or two most nights. He would likely be there starting 5 this year if he plays but as of this summer it didn’t sound like he was going to but who knows. I do think he’d be a really good pickup for IU football though.

Yes.  No question. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 1:31 PM, DC2345 said:

What school New Pal is in my old schools confrence? 

On 9/6/2021 at 4:39 PM, Hoosierinbham said:

Like his size. How does he project in college?  

Just judging visually from those pictures….kid has a frame that a D1 strength coach would salivate over. Good natural size for high school, but a D1 program could hang 15 lbs of muscle on him before his sophomore year. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...