Hoosier Football 2021

rico

Better get used to this.

From another board:

I get the point you are making about why that is the worst loss, however, I think Indiana clearly had the worst loss yesterday. Indiana fans and the program spent the entire offseason beating their chests, saying they were one of the best teams in the country with one of the best head coaches in the country and one of the best QBs in the country. They got complete manhandled by a likely solid Iowa team, but nothing special. Penix had a horrendous game. All of that goodwill from last season is bye-bye.

Take care of business this week then beat the Bearcats and that goes away. 👍

Teams have bad games, the Sooners looked underwhelming against Tulane, Clemson scored three points, Northwestern and Wisconsin both looked bad so did UNC and Washington, who lost to Montana. It is how you respond to those losses that define your season. 👍

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

It is how you respond to those losses that define your season. 👍

Agree, take back the season!  Without doubt, this was the most anticipated opener for me spanning 30 years.  From the misspelled jersey to unranked is a hit.  Coach has always coached up the underdog, and they will learn from this.  Get better each day...the talent is there from players to coaches.  Fans are hungry...take back the season.  Long season, reset and shock the country!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Our defense has been getting turnovers this year but.............. the defense taketh and Penix giveth. I hope it's not the gift that keeps on giving? 

If quarterback play was good IU would be 2-1, if it was great they would be 3-0 ranked top 8. It's been bad unfortunately so we sit at 1-2.  Oh what might have  been. Good thing is there is a lot of season left and enough high level teams to prove last year was not a flash in the pan. After 3 weeks that's all I keep hearing from the doubters

Edited by Billingsley99

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Is this the first time we've ever had a night game there? It's infinitely harder to win in that stadium when the fans and students have had all day to get tanked up. 

We've usually been given the Noon ESPN2 slot....so I take this as a compliment but it doesn't help one of the hardest schedules in the country playing nightgames there. Especially after beating them last year. 

• Like 2

We weren’t winning a national title anyway, so whether we finish with 2, 3, 4, 5 losses….doesn’t matter all that much. 

If we do finish 7-5, some are going to say we underachieved, we regressed, blah blah blah. When’s the last time we went to 3 consecutive bowls? Regression my mildly oversized white buttocks. Nothing is ever a continual path up. There are hitches and setbacks along the way. The “static” team goals for the next 2-3 seasons should be beat Purdue and get to a bowl. Anything beyond that is just kvetching. Do that, and now we have a legitimate recent history we can point to and build on. 

• Like 3

We really need to be 3-3 after the MSU game, which will mean beating WKU and MSU while most likely losing @PSU. If we can get to 3-3 we have a reasonable, although still quite tough, path to a bowl game.  It will be extremely difficult to become bowl eligible, however, if we find ourselves at 2-4 while still having to play UM, OSU, improved MD and Rutgers, etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IU878176 said:

We really need to be 3-3 after the MSU game, which will mean beating WKU and MSU while most likely losing @PSU. If we can get to 3-3 we have a reasonable, although still quite tough, path to a bowl game.  It will be extremely difficult to become bowl eligible, however, if we find ourselves at 2-4 while still having to play UM, OSU, improved MD and Rutgers, etc. 

Hope(and pray) for the best but be prepared for the worst.