2023 PF Kwame Evans Jr. Commits to Oregon

IUFLA

6 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I didn’t say he should I literally asked if he could 🤦🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I didn’t say he should I literally asked if he could 🤦🏻‍♂️

16 hours ago,  Proud2BAHoosier said: 

Need to get Mellencamp to fork over some big bucks, just sayin'......

So true story.. my dads family is from brown county Indiana and one of Mellencamps sons was in someone in my dads family’s wedding so I always say I went to a wedding with him 😂😂😂😂…. Is there any rules to Mark Cuban giving NIL’s? If so I bet he has some friends that could step in for him to get around those rules. Cuban has a crap ton of money he should be giving to the players if he’s allowed.

5 hours ago, BDB said:

16 hours ago,  Proud2BAHoosier said: 

Need to get Mellencamp to fork over some big bucks, just sayin'......

So true story.. my dads family is from brown county Indiana and one of Mellencamps sons was in someone in my dads family’s wedding so I always say I went to a wedding with him 😂😂😂😂…. Is there any rules to Mark Cuban giving NIL’s? If so I bet he has some friends that could step in for him to get around those rules. Cuban has a crap ton of money he should be giving to the players if he’s allowed.

I guess I should read my own responses before responding argumentatively 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ I’ll see myself to the idiot corner now 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 12/22/2021 at 6:30 PM, IUfaninIllinois said:

So true story.. my dads family is from brown county Indiana and one of Mellencamps sons was in someone in my dads family’s wedding so I always say I went to a wedding with him 😂😂😂😂…. Is there any rules to Mark Cuban giving NIL’s? If so I bet he has some friends that could step in for him to get around those rules. Cuban has a crap ton of money he should be giving to the players if he’s allowed.

He should be? Thats a little strong with someone else's money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ephul said:

Always easier to spend someone else's money!

Yep this is a fundamental problem we have today and a very poor mentality that’s just accepted.  

I like Cuban and the way he thinks.  I suspect that the only NIL he would do is if it is part of a worthwhile venture and particularly where the kids would learn something meaningful.  I wouldn’t blame Cuban one bit for that.   

It is not just athletes, but the average American historically hasn’t been very handy with finance or handling money.  IMO it could be more emphasized in school. Maybe it’s better now but when I was in school it was as an afterthought at best.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 7:10 PM, mkaser said:

Recently listed schools that are recruiting him the hardest. Includes IU, Texas, Oregon, Duke, Syracuse, Kentucky, Auburn, USC, and Memphis. Said it's not a cut list just schools recruiting the hardest. 

I think Duke would be a hard team to beat for his services. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

There was a time I would like our chances against Texas and Oregon in recruiting but with the NIL all I can think about is how much more money those schools will probably be able to throw at him.

We have the second largest alumni base in the entire country only behind Penn State. You can also see we have like 2-3x the amount of followers as those schools on social media platforms like Twitter and IG. We have all the potential to be the leader for NIL opportunities when it comes to a basketball school. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

We have the second largest alumni base in the entire country only behind Penn State. You can also see we have like 2-3x the amount of followers as those schools on social media platforms like Twitter and IG. We have all the potential to be the leader for NIL opportunities when it comes to a basketball school. 

We need to turn this potential into results. As my old high school coach would say,"Potential means you aint done sh!t yet!!"

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

Glad to hear that we're in the top 5.  I think he's the type of player we need to become elite offensively.  I think CMW will always be able to produce an elite or almost elite defense.

I watched the highlights of their game against IMG last night and he hit two 3's.  He looked like he had a good form on his shot.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Indykev said:

Yes but in this case we already signed the point guard that is feeding him the ball everyday. I'm sure he is in his ear all the time which gives us a free recruiter.

We have a long way to go yet and players this caliber in this era rarely commit early. I have to believe when it gets down to it, one of those three schools will be there with Duke, UNC and Kentucky. I wouldn't count Baylor either. I'm hoping the personal relationship his dad has with CMW keeps us in the hunt. I think this young man is legend at IU if he comes. He'll just be a great player at the other schools. 

On 1/19/2022 at 6:07 AM, ba43056 said:

We have a long way to go yet and players this caliber in this era rarely commit early. I have to believe when it gets down to it, one of those three schools will be there with Duke, UNC and Kentucky. I wouldn't count Baylor either. I'm hoping the personal relationship his dad has with CMW keeps us in the hunt. I think this young man is legend at IU if he comes. He'll just be a great player at the other schools. 

He is well along in the process.  It's not all that early as the signing period is late this year.

• Like 1