2023 PF Kwame Evans Jr. Commits to Oregon

IUFLA

8 hours ago, jay edwards brother said:

Absolutely agree will be a solid class: Cupps, Newton, one of the 2 California kids(Stojakovic or Dunlap) both great shooters, and a big(Arrinten Page or someone from the portal).

I want Peja’s son in an IU uniform. If he’s anything like his old man….

Peja was always one of my favorite players to watch. Could shoot, play solid D, handled the ball well, and was a scrapper if need be. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ephul said:

Looks and sounds like the staff doesn't believe Evans is a lock for Oregon

I get the sense that Woodson and his staff see the value of time. 

Wasting days driving or flying someplace to stand in the gym and watch a player who has no chance of coming to IU . . . I don't think they'd do that without considering the cost vs potential reward.

Life is too short, there's too much to do.

Crean, on the other hand, seemed to run around everywhere like a guy who just chugged 10 cans of Red Bull.  

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Crean, on the other hand, seemed to run around everywhere like a guy who just chugged 10 cans of Red Bull.  

Red Bull? Oh we’re way past that. Crean had the energy of a guy that mainlined pure adrenaline after a 6 pack of Diet Coke and a healthy sniff of the devil’s dandruff. I’ve got an 8 year old with the textbook definition of ADHD and Crean could run laps around him. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Makes you wonder?  Can't a kid just sign a deal, since supposedly it isn't contingent on going to the school anyways?  

Bingo, go ahead and pay them their senior year and get that commitment.  

If NIL is not done by the school….why can’t a kid take the money from multiple businesses/schools 

I would love to see how these contracts are written 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

If NIL is not done by the school….why can’t a kid take the money from multiple businesses/schools 

I would love to see how these contracts are written 

I could be wrong, but I was thinking most high school athletic associations haven't approved NIL.  If a kid in HS signs a deal they forfeit eligibility.  I think that's why that QB from Texas enrolled early at OSU.