2023 PF Kwame Evans Jr. Commits to Oregon

IUFLA

10 hours ago, gnet550 said:

I don’t know about this, but I’m 99% sure this is the kid who somehow ties in with Carmelo Anthony. I think his family knows him or something. Point being Carmelo loves Woodson

I don't know if it will be this guy but Carmelo will deliver someone to IU. Hopefully a 5 star but that connection will pay off. Just like Cupps and LeBron will pay off. We just have to get the product on the floor much improved. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Yeah him mentioning Nike was interesting.. I believe this one comes down to NIL… beating out Oregon for NIL might be tough. 

I think I’d take the angle of exposure. Oregon may have  NIL opportunity, but how many people watch OU basketball? At IU he’d get some prime time games that could pay off long term in building a brand. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, IUDan93 said:

When is the last time we went outside of the state of Indiana to sign a top 5 ranked recruit?  This would be huge, and much needed in terms of recruiting momentum.

I know the Patterson, Miller, Reed class was pretty highly ranked. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

Any rumblings?

We are the only option that would allow for him to continuing playing with 2 of his teammates.  Seems like it should have some pull.

PG Hood-Shifino (from Montverde)

SG Bates

SF Geronimo

PF Evans (from Montverde)

C Reneau (from Montverde)

Evans should make it happen. 

If that happens, I’d be able to hear the crying and accusations from Lexington, and I’m 80 miles north of that dump. 

“Woodson is paying Monteverde, he has to be!” Wouldn’t that be the pot calling the kettle blue? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

Any rumblings?

We are the only option that would allow for him to continuing playing with 2 of his teammates.  Seems like it should have some pull.

PG Hood-Shifino (from Montverde)

SG Bates

SF Geronimo

PF Evans (from Montverde)

C Reneau (from Montverde)

Evans should make it happen. 

Probably not Geronimo at the 3 but otherwise a very solid lineup. I'd think that spot would more likely be Galloway, Gunn, or someone not on our roster, but that could be Final Four level good. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Probably not Geronimo at the 3 but otherwise a very solid lineup. I'd think that spot would more likely be Galloway, Gunn, or someone not on our roster, but that could be Final Four level good. 

Yea, probably would be a guard instead.  Bates might be optimistic too but hoping he lives up to his rating

4 hours ago, iuswingman said:

Supposedly there are reports he is looking for a Nike school and that Oregon might be hard to beat for him. IU having two teammates has to help them with being one of the favorites though. 👍

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I sure hope we can count on Bates as a starter by his junior year, that would be a disappoint if not. 

With a new baby, this kid could go either way. Not a better shot on the team when he goes straight up, not fading away or shooting running one hander's off one foot. I hope the staff is in his ear about it. He could be the shooter we need.

5 hours ago, Indykev said:

With a new baby, this kid could go either way. Not a better shot on the team when he goes straight up, not fading away or shooting running one hander's off one foot. I hope the staff is in his ear about it. He could be the shooter we need.

Little confused, Bates is expecting a baby? Or KJ is expecting a baby?