2023 PF Kwame Evans Jr. Commits to Oregon

IUFLA

• IUFLA changed the title to Indiana offers 2023 5-star forward Kwame Evans, Jr.
5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Found this pic on Kwame's Instagram...

Screenshot_20210908-093042.thumb.png.fa272b4747c822fb4108f36cfec3327c.png

Not sure Coach Woodson has a bigger advocate than Carmelo Anthony...

Could you imagine almost any time a team comes to face the pacers if IU is in town they can have that nba player come speak to the team or at anytime he can just zoom someone and have them speak to the team

• Like 7

Indiana offered a top-5 2023 talent this week. What are IU's relationships? What is the scouting report? What are his college plans?
Take an inside look at IU basketball's latest recruiting offer, class of 2023 5-star Kwame Evans, Jr.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
Indiana offered a top-5 2023 talent this week. What are IU's relationships? What is the scouting report? What are his college plans?
Take an inside look at IU basketball's latest recruiting offer, class of 2023 5-star Kwame Evans, Jr.

Our staff has us in the neighborhood I've always thought we should be in. Great article and read! 

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Our staff has us in the neighborhood I've always thought we should be in. Great article and read! 

This is a huge step up if we were to land him. Like light years over anything we’ve done in 30 years or more. Bringing in top 5 guys not from the area…be a huge get. I see our pulling JHS and getting into these elite academies is already opening doors for better players.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

This is a huge step up if we were to land him. Like light years over anything we’ve done in 30 years or more. Bringing in top 5 guys not from the area…be a huge get. I see our pulling JHS and getting into these elite academies is already opening doors for better players.

All day long....not only is he elite of elite he also has 3.5 GPA and if I'm reading this correctly the way our staff approached the kid has separated us a bit from the competition. Long ways to go but first impressions mean plenty. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Getting a Florida Prep pipeline would be huge. Jeffries mightve been the last big with the caliber of skills and intangibles this big fella has. 

It's a ways away still and I think the NBA is a strong possibility for him out of high school. However, if NIL revenue is half or more than a rookie contract there's alot to be said for the college atmosphere and being a Bloomington God. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ba43056 said:

Getting a Florida Prep pipeline would be huge. Jeffries mightve been the last big with the caliber of skills and intangibles this big fella has. 

It's a ways away still and I think the NBA is a strong possibility for him out of high school. However, if NIL revenue is half or more than a rookie contract there's alot to be said for the college atmosphere and being a Bloomington God. 

I don't think that NBA rule is going to change anytime soon. There was some thought that it would but it now appears that won't happen. If the top NIL contracts remain around the same or increase, that will be good incentive for the top players to go to college rather than overseas, G-League, or the other options which are popping up.

• 2 months later...

If we start landing guys like this, I fully believe Woodson will have us being a load to handle.

UNC is under new management.  Duke is about to be under new management.  The natives are restless down south.  Now is as good a time as any for Woodson to lean on that NBA pedigree and reassert Indiana as a real player for the top kids.  You bring in talent, this staff will win.

• Like 6

• KDB changed the title to 2023 PF Kwame Evans Jr. Commits to Oregon