2022 DE Tyreese Fearbry

KDB

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

He would finish top 5/6 in each of those events in every sectional. At 225lbs. And track being his second sport, so yeah, darn impressive. And that was as a Junior. 

If you say so, but not in my day.  And I am a former sectional champion in 100 and 200.

39 minutes ago, rico said:

If you say so, but not in my day.  And I am a former sectional champion in 100 and 200.

Doing it at his size is the biggest factor. Not sure how big you were at the time you won,  but that size isn't common.

I recall Steve Hall of New Haven was a sectional champ at 6'2" 200lbs, and he was much bigger than most of his competitors.  Greg Hart of Homestead was around 6'4" 240 and was very fast, but wasn't sub 11 seconds. (of course he was the national champion in discuss!)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Doing it at his size is the biggest factor. Not sure how big you were at the time you won,  but that size isn't common.

I recall Steve Hall of New Haven was a sectional champ at 6'2" 200lbs, and he was much bigger than most of his competitors.  Greg Hart of Homestead was around 6'4" 240 and was very fast, but wasn't sub 11 seconds. (of course he was the national champion in discuss!)

No, it is not common for a sprinter.  The height more so than the weight for one that is physically fit.   

All I said was that I wasn't impressed with the times.  Just me.

20 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Correct. This isn't a corner running an 11.63.. I would say that wouldn't be impressive, at all. 

I was just saying for a dude thats a linemen, shew that's scooting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I didn't say it was elite lol I said 11.63 is solid and it is. Especially when you factor in I bet the kid ONLY sprints that distance from Feb-Mid May. Everything is short burst stuff. 

My nephew plays RB/OLB. 6' 200 (although he ran track a little lighter then his football weight) He didn't run well at state finals (slow out of the block and a long nervous day as he participated in several events) but he ran 22.35 and 11.20. His personal best meet time is 10.74 100 and 22.29 200...although he rarely got pushed in the 200 and could coast most meets...I think he could possibly run faster. That all said.....a guy that big (6'5 230) running that fast.....I would be scared out of my shorts to get hit by that freight train!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

My nephew plays RB/OLB. 6' 200 (although he ran track a little lighter then his football weight) He didn't run well at state finals (slow out of the block and a long nervous day as he participated in several events) but he ran 22.35 and 11.20. His personal best meet time is 10.74 100 and 22.29 200...although he rarely got pushed in the 200 and could coast most meets...I think he could possibly run faster. That all said.....a guy that big (6'5 230) running that fast.....I would be scared out of my shorts to get hit by that freight train!!

10.74 is the real deal. 

I played against a dude that ran a 10.65 as a JR. Hamstring injuries his whole SR track season. 

I flat out couldn't catch the guy even with erroneous angles lol speed is speed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

10.74 is the real deal. 

I played against a dude that ran a 10.65 as a JR. Hamstring injuries his whole SR track season. 

I flat out couldn't catch the guy even with erroneous angles lol speed is speed. 

Yep. William (my nephew) is basically impossible to catch in the open field. I've seen safety have the angle on him several times and he just runs right past them. He doesn't even practice his track etc. If he dedicated himself to his diet and getting out of the blocks and technique etc I could only imagine. He basically never practices his track...eats a pizza before the meet with a mt dew and runs away from most kids. If he wanted to compete at the state level he needs to dedicate himself to it but he spends all his time focusing on lifting, football, and girls lol. I do think he has a chance at a scholarship to a smaller div 2 college...he is a pretty good running back and at worst would make a good athlete (special teams etc) because he plays both sides of the ball really well. I know my sister is hoping for a scholarship...would like to save some money lol.

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep. William (my nephew) is basically impossible to catch in the open field. I've seen safety have the angle on him several times and he just runs right past them. He doesn't even practice his track etc. If he dedicated himself to his diet and getting out of the blocks and technique etc I could only imagine. He basically never practices his track...eats a pizza before the meet with a mt dew and runs away from most kids. If he wanted to compete at the state level he needs to dedicate himself to it but he spends all his time focusing on lifting, football, and girls lol. I do think he has a chance at a scholarship to a smaller div 2 college...he is a pretty good running back and at worst would make a good athlete (special teams etc) because he plays both sides of the ball really well. I know my sister is hoping for a scholarship...would like to save some money lol.

Time to switch his pizza to cauliflower crust and tell the girls he has herpes.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, btownqb said:

10.74 is the real deal. 

10.40 was my PB...that won a sectional title.  I normally ran 10.6-10.7.

• Like 1