2022 DE Tyreese Fearbry

KDB

9 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

10.4 would be the fastest non wind aided time in IHSAA State Finals history. 10.6 is good enough to take home 1st place in 23 of the last 40 state Finals and you’re here talking about sectionals. Come on man…

Easy answer, I didn't run my best at the finals.  You can believe what you want to.  But that 10.4 won the Huntington North Track Sectional in 1985.  Go ahead and dig it up...you will find the same guy that won the 100m(me) also won the 200m and 400m as well at that sectional.  Go ahead and dig up the 1985 Fort Wayne Regional as well.  I ran all three at state that year.  If you would like to wager on it I would be more than happy to take your money.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Easy answer, I didn't run my best at the finals.  You can believe what you want to.  But that 10.4 won the Huntington North Track Sectional in 1985.  Go ahead and dig it up...you will find the same guy that won the 100m(me) also won the 200m and 400m as well at that sectional.  Go ahead and dig up the 1985 Fort Wayne Regional as well.  I ran all three at state that year.  If you would like to wager on it I would be more than happy to take your money.

All due respect Rico, very impressive times. Though since this thread is about Tyreese,...........head to head, who wins? Young Rico in his prime or current IU football prospect Tyreese? 🤔

2 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

10.4 would be the fastest non wind aided time in IHSAA State Finals history. 10.6 is good enough to take home 1st place in 23 of the last 40 state Finals and you’re here talking about sectionals. Come on man…

Everything was hand timed back then man....it's all laser timed now...I'm sure Rico was EXTREMELY fast...no doubt...I 100% believe him...but that doesn't mean that those numbers are as accurate as what we use today.

23 hours ago, iuswingman said:

Time to switch his pizza to cauliflower crust and tell the girls he has herpes.

Sadly the gym he was having to use because of COVID and the school not letting kids come in and work out last year was a public gym....and the girls were all in their 30's hitting on this 17yr old. My sister was about to go in and have a serious smack down I kid you not. I told him to keep his head on straight...most of those women have husbands....and we all know how proudly the 2nd amendment is supported in Indiana. I think he got the picture.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Are you saying his mom was holding the stopwatch? :)

200.gif

No offense intended rico.  I'm sure you could run circles around me.

No man no lol. I'd be super proud of that kind of speed too. That's special and he has every right to be proud of it. I just know from from practice times to even 40yd dashes at pro days there is a pretty big discrepency between hand times and laser times used at the combine etc. Heck...maybe it was his GF dad keeping the time and he was making it slower lol. Either way if you are running in that level it's special. William finished 2nd in his heat but didn't make the finals with his 11.20. It was one of his worst 100's he ran during the year but still most kids in the finals were below 11. Everything factors in at that level. Easy to have a bad run and not get out of regionals. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

No man no lol. I'd be super proud of that kind of speed too. That's special and he has every right to be proud of it. I just know from from practice times to even 40yd dashes at pro days there is a pretty big discrepency between hand times and laser times used at the combine etc. Heck...maybe it was his GF dad keeping the time and he was making it slower lol. Either way if you are running in that level it's special. William finished 2nd in his heat but didn't make the finals with his 11.20. It was one of his worst 100's he ran during the year but still most kids in the finals were below 11. Everything factors in at that level. Easy to have a bad run and not get out of regionals. 

I was a sectional champ as a sophomore in the 200m.  Made it to the finals of the Fort Wayne Regionals and guess who is the lane next to me?  Rod Woodson.  You guys want to talk about a football player that had elite speed?  Oh well.  Glory Days.  BTW, Lars Tate is another guy I got a chance to meet.  A huge, fast guy.

• Like 3