Coaches on the "Hot Seat" 2018

rico

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Little Ricky. Fran. Ben Howland. Kevin Ollie. 

I can see Little Ricky due to the problems that Minny is having legally.

Ollie I can see.

Howland, I just don't think so but perhaps.

Now Fran, that is an interesting one.  I think he is signed through 2020?  Would the Hawks swallow $$$$$$$ and who would they target?

It's so refreshing to have a coaches' hot seat discussion, that does not include IU's HC for a change.

I have several candidates in mind.  However, for now.... I will throw just one name out.  Bruce Weber.... who seems to always live on the "hot seat".  Kansas State fans were... shall I say, underwhelmed when KSU hired Weber as HC.  And just like when he was at Illinois, currently BAM is 12-4 overall, but just 2-2 in conference play.

How about Shaka Smart?  Texas has money, I don't know what the details are of his contract, but one has to think Longhorn fans are sitting there looking at what Rick Barnes is doing at Tennessee and scratching their heads as to why a coaching change was needed.

33 minutes ago, rico said:

How about Shaka Smart?  Texas has money, I don't know what the details are of his contract, but one has to think Longhorn fans are sitting there looking at what Rick Barnes is doing at Tennessee and scratching their heads as to why a coaching change was needed.

No way Shaka is on the hot seat! I’m not a fan but no way!

1 hour ago, Beowulf50 said:

I agree Mile Bruce is always there and hey I’m from southern Indiana where Bruce started out having success in college basketball. Wrong Bruce! Neither are worth the baggage though! I was speaking of the great Pearl!

Ha. Ha.  Bruce Pearl is another name that is on my list. 

19 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Year 3 and things are not going well for Chris Mullins at St. Johns.  Think his seat may be getting very warm.

I'd love to see the AD fire a legend. Imagine that blow back. Although we know it first hand.  Mullin has had some back luck with injuries,etc....but needless to say bringing an alumni back doesn't always solve problems (like many who wanted Alford, Woodson,etc..). We'll be saying the same about Ewing in about 3 years. 

Archived