Cincinnati Pre-Game

Penix was rusty physically and mentally against Iowa, and Jones was atrocious at LT.  A couple fluke plays made that game look more lopsided than it really was. Starting on the road in a packed house without playing in front of a crowd for two years didn't help either.

But no more excuses. Time to show where we're at as a program. The fans are packing the stadium, and it will be rockin Saturday.  Our boys need to show up and take it to Cinci.  Penix showed signs of making throws and runs like last year.  If the line can get some push to allow Carr some holes, I like our chances.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

The fans are packing the stadium, and it will be rockin Saturday. 

We turn the corner as a program, and look at the fans, they showed up.  Even against the potato-heads.   The program can’t blame the fans.  You put a program out there that is fun, and the fans showed up.  Fans fill big stadia all over the country.  It’s not like Indiana is going to be an exception.  Sustain a good program, and boom, fans are there.  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

We turn the corner as a program, and look at the fans, they showed up.  Even against the potato-heads.   The program can’t blame the fans.  You put a program out there that is fun, and the fans showed up.  Fans fill big stadia all over the country.  It’s not like Indiana is going to be an exception.  Sustain a good program, and boom, fans are there.  

A win vs a top 10 in Memorial will have Bloomington on fire. Hopefully figuratively not literally 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/12/2021 at 6:52 PM, Leathernecks said:

I think everything will depend on Penix. If he doesnt improve a ton, it is going to be a major uphill battle. Coming back from an injury, sometimes the light bulb just clicks and mentally you're back. We really need that. Other than him, not sure how we matchup.

We all know Penix can bring it we have seen it. He just needs to prove it to himself. 

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

This is so great to hear, but I guess I don't understand that student seating process. Are students camping out because there are not assigned seats in for students in the student section?  Since I have season tickets and a parking pass, my big stress is making sure I arrive early enough have a good parking spot to tailgate. 

On 9/13/2021 at 5:48 PM, Seeking6 said:

Alright IU reporters. Do your part too. Start asking Fickell about USC job right away.....haha.

From Wednesday Cincinnati Enquirer... Fickell quote..."Look, I don't talk to anybody.  I barely talk to my own family during the season.  So I wouldn't ever talk about it, nor would I even answer a phone call or anything like that.  I know nothing, nor does it make me have any interest."   Classic coach response.    😁

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

From Wednesday Cincinnati Enquirer... Fickell quote..."Look, I don't talk to anybody.  I barely talk to my own family during the season.  So I wouldn't ever talk about it, nor would I even answer a phone call or anything like that.  I know nothing, nor does it make me have any interest."   Classic coach response.    😁

Or maybe James Franklin will do us a solid and take it before we play Penn St. Haha.

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Of course he doesn't take a phone call....his agent does...geez...like anyone believes anything when it comes to coaches and jobs lol. Tell you one thing...I bet he takes his agent's calls!

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Of course he doesn't take a phone call....his agent does...geez...like anyone believes anything when it comes to coaches and jobs lol. Tell you one thing...I bet he takes his agent's calls!

Yeah...like he's not going to listen to what USC might have to offer versus UC.  Btw, Brian Kelly says "hi".     😂

• Haha 1