2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

On 9/15/2021 at 8:04 PM, OGIUAndy said:

It appears IU is working Montverde hard

With alums like R.J. Barrett, Scottie Barnes, Cade Cunningham and Jalen Duran, absolutely have no issues with it. The prep kids want to go pro as fast as possible and playing for a former NBA coach like Woodson has to be tempting for these kids.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mkaser said:

With alums like R.J. Barrett, Scottie Barnes, Cade Cunningham and Jalen Duran, absolutely have no issues with it. The prep kids want to go pro as fast as possible and playing for a former NBA coach like Woodson has to be tempting for these kids.

Oh yeah, the list is long: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montverde_Academy  

• Thanks 1

His numbers are slanted a bit but he is agile and has great hands. 

But a year from now we'll know alot I think. How does respond to elite competition? What does he look like next to Evans? Will he respond to an aggressive conditioning program? 

Anyone remember Terry Mills? Has that feel about him. 

He responds pretty well to elite competition.  During his freshman year at St. Frances, they played a national schedule, and he really emerged as one of the more consistent players on the team, which included 3 D1 guards, Julian Reese (Maryland), and '23 4-star Jahn Lamothe.  This past summer was a bit up and down in terms of consistency while playing on the UA circuit.  Like you said, I think we'll know a lot more with a year at Montverde under his belt.  

Yeah, I remember Terry Mills.  Solid career.  I think Queen's skillset is a bit more versatile, but I get the comparison when it comes to body type lol.