Cincinnati game thread

Just now, btownqb said:

That decision by Penix was an elementary mistake. 

Unfortunately he has made several this year. Has a huge arm but my goodness late throws over the middle…forced coverage…I mean every way possible. We fall in love with that one or two dazzling throw and spend the next dozen shaking our heads. Tuttle isn’t dynamic enough but geez as good as our defense is we may not need that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Unfortunately he has made several this year. Has a huge arm but my goodness late throws over the middle…forced coverage…I mean every way possible. We fall in love with that one or two dazzling throw and spend the next dozen shaking our heads. Tuttle isn’t dynamic enough but geez as good as our defense is we may not need that.

We’re down a cornerstone on that side of the ball today though. 

I haven’t been able to say this with any conviction very often in the past, but…..I trust this staff. I trust Tom Allen. We can adjust. They’re not perfect, so it might not work, but we’re not a ship without a captain and competent crew anymore. 

Like I said above….we’re down a defensive cornerstone and our QB is playing like reheated crap….and we’re up at halftime against a top 10 opponent. There are worse situations to be in. 

• Like 5

Just now, Leathernecks said:

I would have to think McFadden is getting them fired up in the locker room. Really need to respond to start the half. Terrible call, but our guys have to realize we're more than just 1 player.

Yes, we have to flush that bad call and move on but it’s a bummer that the Cincinnati offense went from rattled to looking much more comfortable. Need a good drive to start the second half.

Allen won’t do it but if Penix looks bad the first 2 series I’d give Tuttle a shot.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I won't even try to keep up with replies. Probably all saying the same. A booth initiated review that wasn't called on the field changed the entire game. 75% of Cincy yards came after MM ejection. Total crap. Have to find a way gang. 

Why couldn't IU ask for the review to be reviewed to look for the hand pulling IUs hemet and the push into qb?

Why wasnt the last hit reviewed on Penix?

• Like 2

Just now, Fiveoutofsix said:

Why couldn't IU ask for the review to be reviewed to look for the hand pulling IUs hemet and the push into qb?

Why wasnt the last hit reviewed on Penix?

Probably some rule where you can't review a booth initiated review....that wasn't called on the field. Haha.

• Sad 1