I'm done!

Bad Brad

On 9/18/2021 at 5:10 PM, dgambill said:

Also I would think someone of that age would have a better outlook on things. So negative. Can’t imagine in another 30 years going around being a grump. Just joined the board to say he is done…it’s truly impressive.

No, not really!  I began because the HSR ended.  Just an observant realist.  Being over 70 doesn't mean senility, but a better perspective.  I can 'handle' lesser talent (which this roster is NOT a victim of),..occassional bad coaching or player decisions but not facing inherent problems over and over.  Hiller and Sheridan should have been replaced in the off season.  Penix should have been benched at Iowa.  As for the polyannas on this page, 7-8 wins,...pleeease!  As Jack Nicholson (over 70) uttered in the military court martial scene:  "You can't handle the truth". If I irritated or ruffled your little red feathers, good.  🤣

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Bad Brad said:

No, not really!  I began because the HSR ended.  Just an observant realist.  Being over 70 doesn't mean senility, but a better perspective.  I can 'handle' lesser talent (which this roster is NOT a victim of),..occassional bad coaching or player decisions but not facing inherent problems over and over.  Hiller and Sheridan should have been replaced in the off season.  Penix should have been benched at Iowa.  As for the polyannas on this page, 7-8 wins,...pleeease!  As Jack Nicholson (over 70) uttered in the military court martial scene:  "You can't handle the truth". If I irritated or ruffled your little red feathers, good.  🤣

Rivals. Rivals is the board you are looking for. We deal in reality here.

If you say you're done, then why are you still here?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bad Brad said:

Pretty much zero reason to replace Sheridan, not really seeing a reason to be upset with him. 

He was excellent on Saturday. If you could post your D1 coaching resume the next time you post, that would help us all understand where you're coming from. 

18 minutes ago, Bad Brad said:

You don't actually think people on here are delusional enough to think you are really a Hoosier fan? You are either a Boiler troll or Illini troll. It is sad and pathetic when someone makes an account on another teams message board just to troll. 

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

I just want to say I take back my ageist posts. Clearly we have a ton of 70 yr and older posters on this board. I should have said that I'm surprised a 70yr old with dementia (assuming based on the quality of his posts) could find our board and start posting here. After all...even I have a hard time remember all my passwords. I just find it surprising someone who should have figured out all the virtues in life  (patience/perseverence/loyalty/diligence/commitment etc) by that age is giving up so easily on this team and just joined a message board to tell us that. Doesn't seem like a thing my father would have done or father in law. We may have some problems that need corrected but the sky is falling stuff seems nonsensical. 

Edited by dgambill

42 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I just want to say I take back my ageist posts. Clearly we have a ton of 70 yr and older posters on this board. I should have said that I'm surprised a 70yr old with dementia (assuming based on the quality of his posts) could find our board and start posting here. After all...even I have a hard time remember all my passwords. I just find it surprising someone who should have figured out all the virtues in life  (patience/perseverence/loyalty/diligence/commitment etc) by that age is giving up so easily on this team and just joined a message board to tell us that. Doesn't seem like a thing my father would have done or father in law. We may have some problems that need corrected but the sky is falling stuff seems nonsensical. 

So you are making a plug to the Admin/Mods to start a geriatrics forum?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47kdwp3rbkrsobnl6ecy

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, rico said:

So you are making a plug to the Admin/Mods to start a geriatrics forum?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47kdwp3rbkrsobnl6ecy

Hmm....Maybe just a junior forum. Until they receive proper posting authority for the big boy forum. Something to weed out those on weed lol. Ok...now I've offended older folks and the weed smokers. I'm just going to stop now before I'm banned.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

Pretty much zero reason to replace Sheridan, not really seeing a reason to be upset with him. 

He was excellent on Saturday. If you could post your D1 coaching resume the next time you post, that would help us all understand where you're coming from. 

Sheridan [33 years old] should study offensive sets of Tampa Bay, the Rams and even the rebuilding Patriots.  They realize first and foremost that even with normally good protection (which IU has shown is lacking) the ball needs to be released within 2.5 seconds.  Plays need to designed so at least one receiver is open along with a safety outlet.  You can't have a semi crippled QB running around in a busted pocket forcing the ball into double-triple coverage unless your IU with 7 INT's in 3 games ( which could have easily been 10 [Iowa]) and expect to win.  I (and just about everyone) loved what the late Bill Mallory did for IU.  In 95-96 he went 5-17.  In doing so, he insisted on letting Chris Dittoe throw it all over the place.  He had gotten away from a balanced attack.  I said at the time he was going to ride 'Dittoe to Dorian' (the prime receiver) into retirement.  That's what happened.  I really don't think some of the personal swipes at moi are in good taste, justified nor accurate.  Actually pretty rude and distasteful. I'm not a Johnny-come lately troll or a Purdue 'fan' ( although I hope they do well when not playing IU).  Just a guy that's seen and done a lot and has a penchant for seeing things develop, good or bad, well in advance of the hordes.  If you don't agree, fine.  No need to personalize it when you have no clue to whom you're addressing.  As far as 'done',..yes I am.  I hope IU and Allen do well in the future.  I also am aware that being a head coach means making tough, sometimes unpopular decisions.  Just saw his B1G teleconference.  At least in public, he doesn't seem to be addressing them at the level they need to be addressed.  Until he does, little will change.  I won't be posting on any new games or the program.  Likewise, I won't stand idle while uninformed morons think it's cute to unjustifiably take obnoxious swipes at my intentions.

1 minute ago, Bad Brad said:

Sheridan [33 years old] should study offensive sets of Tampa Bay, the Rams and even the rebuilding Patriots.  They realize first and foremost that even with normally good protection (which IU has shown is lacking) the ball needs to be released within 2.5 seconds.  Plays need to designed so at least one receiver is open along with a safety outlet.  You can't have a semi crippled QB running around in a busted pocket forcing the ball into double-triple coverage unless your IU with 7 INT's in 3 games ( which could have easily been 10 [Iowa]) and expect to win.  I (and just about everyone) loved what the late Bill Mallory did for IU.  In 95-96 he went 5-17.  In doing so, he insisted on letting Chris Dittoe throw it all over the place.  He had gotten away from a balanced attack.  I said at the time he was going to ride 'Dittoe to Dorian' (the prime receiver) into retirement.  That's what happened.  I really don't think some of the personal swipes at moi are in good taste, justified nor accurate.  Actually pretty rude and distasteful. I'm not a Johnny-come lately troll or a Purdue 'fan' ( although I hope they do well when not playing IU).  Just a guy that's seen and done a lot and has a penchant for seeing things develop, good or bad, well in advance of the hordes.  If you don't agree, fine.  No need to personalize it when you have no clue to whom you're addressing.  As far as 'done',..yes I am.  I hope IU and Allen do well in the future.  I also am aware that being a head coach means making tough, sometimes unpopular decisions.  Just saw his B1G teleconference.  At least in public, he doesn't seem to be addressing them at the level they need to be addressed.  Until he does, little will change.  I won't be posting on any new games or the program.  Likewise, I won't stand idle while uninformed morons think it's cute to unjustifiably take obnoxious swipes at my intentions.

Byeeeee 

You make trolling threads, you are going to be treated accordingly. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bad Brad said:

Actually pretty rude and distasteful. I'm not a Johnny-come lately troll or a Purdue 'fan' ( although I hope they do well when not playing IU).

You have 9 post  on here and everyone is negative towards IU, so yes you are a Johnny-Come lately.

12 minutes ago, Bad Brad said:

Likewise, I won't stand idle while uninformed morons think it's cute to unjustifiably take obnoxious swipes at my intentions.

You come onto another teams board trolling, you are going to be called out.

15 minutes ago, Bad Brad said:

'Uninformed morons' is a heck of a lot nicer than what my wife calls me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bad Brad said:

Sheridan [33 years old] should study offensive sets of Tampa Bay

Sign Tom Brady. Got it. 

1 hour ago, Bad Brad said:

No need to personalize it when you have no clue to whom you're addressing.

So it’s ok for you to direct criticisms directly towards an individual (Hiller/Sheriden) but it’s not ok for others to direct criticisms directly back towards you. Got it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bad Brad said:

2061663291_old-mana-old-man-computer-0-makeameme-org-old-man-1-computer-0-505138462.thumb.png.f908e3b4a95409dcab35064ff7c21836.png

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 2