Cincinnati post-game thread

• Leathernecks changed the title to Cincinnati post-game thread

Maybe it's just me. This one is easy to get over. 4 turnovers. 3 trips inside 15 with zero points. Special teams mistakes. Can't do that vs a top 10 team....we had this one and that film room tomorrow is going to be angry. McFadden crap and Anderson injury didn't help.

We have a good team and still tons of play in front of us. Everything that contributed to this loss was self inflicted....not a better team winning. 

• Like 3

Have to win at WKU to get to 2-2 but the next few games will show how this season is going to play out.  If we lose all 3 to PSU, MSU and OSU it will make for a long season.

Maybe I am frustrated sports fan because it seems like all of my teams have struggled for years or not lived up to expectations.  IU basketball and football hasn't been horrible all of those years but a lot of inconsistent play.  The Colts, Pacers and the Reds have been the picture of mediocrity for the last few years

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

Doesn't McFadden have to sit the first half next week?  Ejection and half game suspension is way to much for what should have been a no call. Geez. 

I still expect to make a bowl game this season which is where IU's baseline expectation should be right now. 

Still disappointed though. 

No. Only if it occurs in the 2nd half.

• Thanks 1

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

Doesn't McFadden have to sit the first half next week?  Ejection and half game suspension is way to much for what should have been a no call. Geez. 

I still expect to make a bowl game this season which is where IU's baseline expectation should be right now. 

Still disappointed though. 

If he was ejected in the first half he won't have to sit out a half

• Like 1

For me losing a game like today's is worse than the Iowa game.  There we just got our butt kicked but we lost today because we shot ourselves in the foot.  You can't turn the ball over in the red zone that many times.  You can't give up a return touchdown after taking the lead.  Can't have a key player get kicked out for targeting.  I didn't see the first half to know whether that was a good call or not.  You just can't keep putting Penix out there just because he is the starter.

• Like 1

That was a very disapointing loss.  The Hoosiers self inflicted wounds killed them this game. 

The NCAA really needs to do something on the targeting rule, there is no way McFadden should have been ejected for that, especially since the Bearcats player was pushing him into the QB. Also just shaking my head at the roughing call on Allen.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

It is a regression going from 6-1 and fighting for the big ten east to making a bowl at 6-6

There's zero regression for our program going to a 3rd straight bowl. 

Kind of silly to believe this program loses any momentum from 6-6. Like we aren't overly talented and our "weaker" starters are NOT where they need to be. 

Talent infusion. And it's coming. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Have to win at WKU to get to 2-2 but the next few games will show how this season is going to play out.  If we lose all 3 to PSU, MSU and OSU it will make for a long season.

Maybe I am frustrated sports fan because it seems like all of my teams have struggled for years or not lived up to expectations.  IU basketball and football hasn't been horrible all of those years but a lot of inconsistent play.  The Colts, Pacers and the Reds have been the picture of mediocrity for the last few years

Replace the Colts with the Bears for me...I can relate, as most people here can. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

There's zero regression for our program going to a 3rd straight bowl. 

Kind of silly to believe this program loses any momentum from 6-6. Like we aren't overly talented and our "weaker" starters are NOT where they need to be. 

Talent infusion. And it's coming. 

I hope your right on the young talent and hope we have some young OL.  Our OL is not very good right now and hope for some young guys to step up.