Cincinnati post-game thread

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No real question the offense needs to be better, but it's also pretty easy to see how many points we left on the board. 

Their defense had momentum building plays.. why can't ours? 

We should have scored absolutely no less than 34... I think everyone can see that. 

I just think pretending that the offense wasn’t worse than it was because of the great position (field) that the defense gave them is short sighted. We can’t just wait for them to make a big play…offense needs to play with more urgency and much much sharper. Left too many points on the field and honestly had a hard time sustaining drives. They are struggling mightily…I’m not going to let the close game distract me from that. We’ve played two quality opponents and I’ve been hugely disappointed by our offense in both. OL pass protection and qb play. 

8 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Jonathan Bender comes to mind 

Mo Creek

Same story as Penix: talented kid, big heart, head in the right place, but can’t shake the injury bug. 

They describe thoroughbred horses as locomotives with champagne glasses for ankles. Guys like Creek and Penix fit that mold. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I just think pretending that the offense wasn’t worse than it was because of the great position (field) that the defense gave them is short sighted. We can’t just wait for them to make a big play…offense needs to play with more urgency and much much sharper. Left too many points on the field and honestly had a hard time sustaining drives. They are struggling mightily…I’m not going to let the close game distract me from that. We’ve played two quality opponents and I’ve been hugely disappointed by our offense in both. OL pass protection and qb play. 

I don't think anyone, including anyone on staff, would disagree. 

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Mo Creek

Same story as Penix: talented kid, big heart, head in the right place, but can’t shake the injury bug. 

They describe thoroughbred horses as locomotives with champagne glasses for ankles. Guys like Creek and Penix fit that mold. 

Yeah forgot about him, he is another what could have been.