Cincinnati post-game thread

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Just saying it's crazy how we went from #18 to not a single vote in just 3 games. It's like people couldn't wait to have a reason to not vote for IU. 

I would have thought it crazy if we had received votes.                               We are 1-2 with our lone win being against a Idaho team that lost 42-0 to mediocre Oregon State yesterday.  Have we lost to 2 good teams? Yes. Have we beaten anyone noteworthy? No. We will get votes if we win some games.

7 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

https://youtu.be/Cm2uyCsaJXc

Finally saw the replay. I don't know how you call this. Helmets contacted, but it doesn't meet any of the other criteria.

How does McFadden even avoid it? Ridder moved right into his path, and McFadden was moved into Ridder's path. Would have totally missed him otherwise.

objectively to me, it looks like he leans his helmet down toward the QB.  Not saying he didn't get pushed into him and he could avoid it, but maybe its the tipping of the crown to the facemask that got it called?

I don't know.  I hate targeting calls like this.  I would have given the penalty, no ejection and moved on.

15 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

If we were competitive at Iowa I think we are still in the top 25. Losing that game the way we did is why.

Totally agree!

…..Had we won that game Saturday,….even by a point, we are back in the polls at least #22ish. I’ve been off this site for several days for obvious reasons. I can’t stand reading all the negative posts of quick trigger, downward spiral, lost season mentalities.
Look….. Too many missed opportunities to both dominate and win the game going away! If all these things were eliminated Saturday, we win big and IU looks looks different.

1. Penix - 3 careless game changing turnovers during drives 

2. Questionable Ejection of McFadden when defense was dominating.

3. IU quickly scores on a dominant drive, then Cincinnati Special Teams kick off return for TD.

4. Late goal line fumble by Baldwin.

5. Confidence level…..?

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

Totally agree!

…..Had we won that game Saturday,….even by a point, we are back in the polls at least #22ish. I’ve been off this site for several days for obvious reasons. I can’t stand reading all the negative posts of quick trigger, downward spiral, lost season mentalities.
Look….. Too many missed opportunities to both dominate and win the game going away! If all these things were eliminated Saturday, we win big and IU looks looks different.

1. Penix - 3 careless game changing turnovers during drives 

2. Questionable Ejection of McFadden when defense was dominating.

4. IU quickly scores on a dominant drive, then Cincinnati Special Teams kick off return for TD.

5. Late goal line fumble by Baldwin.

heck we made so many outcome altering mistakes, you forgot #3 😆

• Haha 2

This is my take away....Penix and Thomas Allen no longer belong on the field due to so many injuries. Both are not even close to where they once were and are hurting the team at this point. After MM got tossed well it was on Thomas Allen to right the ship. On one blitz the guard caught Thomas and drove him back 12 yards. No strength in his legs to stop it. Other plays he just ran shoulder first into the back of the line or right into the arms of an o-linemen. Watch the game again and focus on Thomas Allen. M.Penix we all can see that mess. Only QB in history with the no look 50 yard pass. It s time to sit him.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Indykev said:

This is my take away....Penix and Thomas Allen no longer belong on the field due to so many injuries. Both are not even close to where they once were and are hurting the team at this point. After MM got tossed well it was on Thomas Allen to right the ship. On one blitz the guard caught Thomas and drove him back 12 yards. No strength in his legs to stop it. Other plays he just ran shoulder first into the back of the line or right into the arms of an o-linemen. Watch the game again and focus on Thomas Allen. M.Penix we all can see that mess. Only QB in history with the no look 50 yard pass. It s time to sit him.

I think Penix deserves to play his way back. If he's not up to snuff in a few weeks, then yeah, benching is the right move. If we don't have anyone better than Thomas Allen, then our depth is not nearly has good as it needs to be to win big games. I understand he's the coaches kid and a Senior? but he is not good enough (was he ever?), to play a lot of downs. It was clear he was getting blown away and/or is too slow.  I assume we have some younger guys, they definitely need to play. 

Edited by OGIUAndy