CFB Gameday Week #4

rico

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Either Oregon State is decent or USC is terrible. Regardless, pretty impressive to see OSU up 25 at the coliseum. Don’t think they’ve won there in like 60 years. 

You literally only care because Purdue managed to squeeze out a win. Yes, USC is terrible, Purdue still sucks…carry on

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, dgambill said:

Looks like Alabama, Georgia and then everyone else. Although Florida is trying to have a say in that. Will the CFC be a Sec championship rematch?

Clemson proving to be mediocre this year takes some shine off Georgia's win over them.  Win your conference,  then you don't have to whine about deserving to be in the playoff immediately after a loss.(Georgia)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Clemson proving to be mediocre this year takes some shine off Georgia's win over them.  Win your conference,  then you don't have to whine about deserving to be in the playoff immediately after a loss.(Georgia)

I think Georgia has some issues on offense but they have been plenty impressive over SC & Vanderbilt. That said this month should tell us the story...starting with Arkansas and finishing with Florida. If they only lose to Alabama in the SEC title game they will undoubtedly be in the playoffs....there just isn't that many good teams in college football this year. A lot of warts....looked much better than Oklahoma. We will see if Oregon remains unbeaten but I doubt they B1G will have an unbeaten. There would be no reason to whine. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I think Georgia has some issues on offense but they have been plenty impressive over SC & Vanderbilt. That said this month should tell us the story...starting with Arkansas and finishing with Florida. If they only lose to Alabama in the SEC title game they will undoubtedly be in the playoffs....there just isn't that many good teams in college football this year. A lot of warts....looked much better than Oklahoma. We will see if Oregon remains unbeaten but I doubt they B1G will have an unbeaten. There would be no reason to whine. 

This month will tell.  If they only have one loss and it's in the SEC title game, and play Bama close, no questions they're in.  They have a long road in front of them. And they will whine no matter what.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

This month will tell.  If they only have one loss and it's in the SEC title game, and play Bama close, no questions they're in.  They have a long road in front of them. And they will whine no matter what.

1 more loss and the Dawgs can head to the pound.  I am not a believer in them at all....................yet.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rico said:

You seem to be forgetting about Arkansas.

I think Arkansas is a good test...but I don't think they will stress that stout defense the way Florida can. I expect a low scoring affair similar to the A&M game...but the opposite in outcome for the Razorbacks. Happy to see their resurgeance. Good for college football when some of these programs come back to life. Hopeful for the day when Bama's stranglehold on the top comes to an end and we get more true parity. I like the whole will a team go undefeated mantra....not how many teams will go undefeated into the CFP.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think Arkansas is a good test...but I don't think they will stress that stout defense the way Florida can. I expect a low scoring affair similar to the A&M game...but the opposite in outcome for the Razorbacks. Happy to see their resurgeance. Good for college football when some of these programs come back to life. Hopeful for the day when Bama's stranglehold on the top comes to an end and we get more true parity. I like the whole will a team go undefeated mantra....not how many teams will go undefeated into the CFP.

We shall see.  And I agree, it it good to see Arky back up and running.  The more I watch the CFP, the more I wish it would go back to the old way.  Now 1977 was one helluva New Year's Day for college football.

9 minutes ago, rico said:

We shall see.  And I agree, it it good to see Arky back up and running.  The more I watch the CFP, the more I wish it would go back to the old way.  Now 1977 was one helluva New Year's Day for college football.

You don't wish Alabama and ND played one more game for it all? Or do you think Arkansas should have played for it. Before I was born so I can't say I'd know.