WKU Post Game Thread

Zlinedavid

33 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Don't believe so

Then I’ve got nothin. Campbell can hit from 60 at will so coming up short from 52 looked out of character for him. Glaf he got another crack at it. Even happier to have a kid like that who’s just so automatic. He would have won the Groza already if he got more attempts 

8 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Then I’ve got nothin. Campbell can hit from 60 at will so coming up short from 52 looked out of character for him. Glaf he got another crack at it. Even happier to have a kid like that who’s just so automatic. He would have won the Groza already if he got more attempts 

He's awesome. 

8 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

373 passing yards and no passing TDs or no INT is a first to me

I'm curious what the advanced stats show for throws longer than 10 yd. Just off memory it seemed like in the first half they could not get the ball down the field.  I did see the longest catch was 29 yards.  I'm pretty dumb when it comes to football but it seemed our wrs could not get open deep.  

56 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm curious what the advanced stats show for throws longer than 10 yd. Just off memory it seemed like in the first half they could not get the ball down the field.  I did see the longest catch was 29 yards.  I'm pretty dumb when it comes to football but it seemed our wrs could not get open deep.  

No true “deep” throws but it seemed like we could feast routinely in that 10-15 yard area. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

There wasn't a real need to. YAC is the name of the game. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Like I said earlier it was great to see Penix looking like his old self and stepping into his throws.

The bad is the pass defense but that offense is a hard one to defend.  Still need to have upgrades on the DL.

Lastly do not schedule this kind of non conference road game again.  It is a no win situation because if you win you are supposed to but if you lose it looks bad.  This WKU is to good to schedule a road game to play them.

I don't know why you would ever schedule a road game outside of conference against anything but another P5 team.

Do we have a 2 for 1 with WKU?  I am not giving up a home game to play any non P5 team, that's just me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I thought we would beat them harder but they don't suck. Their QB followed their 1st year Offensive Coordinator to WKU. So a low learning curve. WKU will get a bowl game this year. 

I knew WKU was going to put up a fight and make us earn every point! I never one time thought this game would be a blowout.
So we win by 2…..on the road and in front of their largest crowd in years. Not only did we win by 2 little points, but we never gave up the lead. Sure I’d love to see a lopsided road win over WKU and the likes, but we still won. Penix, including the O-line, RB’s and receivers needed this performance badly! On the flip side, the defense did too. They didn’t look the greatest, but held on. They now have something to look at vs. future hurry up offenses. Heck, Iowa gets by Colorado St. by only 10. At the end of the day, those small teams are hungry too and “a dog still has to eat!”

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I knew WKU was going to put up a fight and make us earn every point! I never one time thought this game would be a blowout.
So we win by 2…..on the road and in front of their largest crowd in years. Not only did we win by 2 little points, but we never gave up the lead. Sure I’d love to see a lopsided road win over WKU and the likes, but we still won. Penix, including the O-line, RB’s and receivers needed this performance badly! On the flip side, the defense did too. They didn’t look the greatest, but held on. They now have something to look at vs. future hurry up offenses. Heck, Iowa gets by Colorado St. by only 10. At the end of the day, those small teams are hungry too and “a dog still has to eat!”

This was their largest crowd in history...set the record.

• Like 1

Great to see Penix step into his throws and to let it rip.   Net result, no picks and he moved the chains. 

McFadden was outstanding, as usual. 

Handy keeps catching my eyes as an edge rusher.  

Hendershot and Fryfogle were money all night.  WKU would hedge outside and seemed to take away the deep routes but it gave us crossers and slants all day.

Carr ran hard.  I like his physical style.  

Campbell gets an A plus for kicking.  He was a weapon.  

Just awful about Matthews’ injury.  Looked season ending, but let’s see.

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

There wasn't a real need to. YAC is the name of the game. 

I didn't get to watch the 2nd half.  In the first half i can easily remember 4 or ao passes that our guys were so covered up on some 15 to 20 yard throws a few should have been picked and zero had any chance of being caught.  I give wku some credit, i think they have wisely stacked up with speed.  Im just curious, will all the open short game stuff be available against tougher opponents?  I saw none against Iowa(different animal) little more against UC.  

I guess im curious, why was everyone so impressed with Penix yesterday?  No turnovers?  Big yard game?  I think he was 35 of 53.  That's basically half his completions on the season. 

Edited by NotIThatLives