Cured and smoked meats, Salumi, and sausages

mrflynn03

Went to The Smoking Goose in Indy a couple weeks ago. Place is awesome. Just tried the N'duja I bought there and it is delicious.  Just saw they have a rabbit/pork head cheese. I'll be going back for that and more. 

Anyway, started trying charcuterie a few years ago and haven't had any I haven't liked. 

I would like to get Cajun boudin sausage like I had when I was in Louisiana but shipping is outrageous.  Guess I'll make it myself. 

Anyone else like this stuff. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Went to The Smoking Goose in Indy a couple weeks ago. Place is awesome. Just tried the N'duja I bought there and it is delicious.  Just saw they have a rabbit/pork head cheese. I'll be going back for that and more. 

Anyway, started trying charcuterie a few years ago and haven't had any I haven't liked. 

I would like to get Cajun boudin sausage like I had when I was in Louisiana but shipping is outrageous.  Guess I'll make it myself. 

Anyone else like this stuff. 

I love Boudin Balls as an appetizer, but no head cheese for me...

Do like beef and chicken livers, and any kind of pate...

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I love Boudin Balls as an appetizer, but no head cheese for me...

Do like beef and chicken livers, and any kind of pate...

I wish shipping was cheaper. I can order 1lb of pork boudin sausage from cajungrocers.com but have to pay $45 in shipping. Just no. 

I really miss it. Spent a summer in Acadia during college and couldn't get enough of it. 

Watched alot of Emeril Legassie growing up and do my best to make cajun food.

But can't beat what I had down there. 

On 9/27/2021 at 7:16 PM, mrflynn03 said:

I wish shipping was cheaper. I can order 1lb of pork boudin sausage from cajungrocers.com but have to pay $45 in shipping. Just no. 

I really miss it. Spent a summer in Acadia during college and couldn't get enough of it. 

Watched alot of Emeril Legassie growing up and do my best to make cajun food.

But can't beat what I had down there. 

I  use to watch this guy all the time when he was on PBS...The King of the Cajun Chefs in my eyes...And a funny guy...

• Like 2