Penn State Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Guys no need to argue with him since knows more than anyone

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Ref missed the block in the back.

Can't believe I rushed home from Bloomington to see this crap.  Our rush defense is looking terrible and PSU already has as much rushing yards than they average for a game.

Scott your negative tone in this thread is a little over the top.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I predicted 7-5 so we still can get it that record but doubtful

Yeah, very doubtful.  Unless things change quick, we are going to struggle to get 6 wins.  I looked earlier today and our remaining schedule is the third toughest in the country.

Just now, btownqb said:

Using the Pats is irrelevant for Indiana. 

All PSU is going to do if we spread it out is blitz and play man and Penix is going to get sacked. 

I was just using them as an example of what I'm walking about. 

We'll just agree to disagree on this one. We do know the bunched up run up the middle did not work. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Well, when you have a poor run offense, instead of cramming and bunching up everyone on the line, when everyone knows you're running. Create some space and intrigue. Spread out with 3-4 wide outs and give the back some room to operate while forcing the defense to think about what you're doing. 

As I posted above, the Patriots do this all the time in short situations. Spread out and then run it. 

All day long and it's not debatable. Look at the looks Penn St just showed us at 2nd and goal....3 wide, shotgun....ran it once and receiver created separation on other. To me this is real easy stuff concept wise. All the respect in the world to Btown....just don't agree with it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Guys no need to argue with him since knows more than anyone

I do know more than you. I've noted that. 

That's irrelevant. 

Bgleas and I and everyone else on the board can disagree until we're blue in the face but we're educated and mature enough to not make it personal. 

You on the other hand... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Seeking6 said:

All day long and it's not debatable. Look at the looks Penn St just showed us at 2nd and goal....3 wide, shotgun....ran it once and receiver created separation on other. To me this is real easy stuff concept wise. All the respect in the world to Btown....just don't agree with it.

Yeah, as an Eagles fan too they always bunch up with 2 tight ends and a stacked line on 3rd or 4th and short and almost always get stuffed. You need space and to keep the defense honest in those situations. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

But we don't have the same horses as they do. Not even close. Their QB gets time, their WRs get space, like everything. 

Execute a 3rd and 1 run. 

Edited by btownqb

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I was just using them as an example of what I'm walking about. 

We'll just agree to disagree on this one. We do know the bunched up run up the middle did not work. 

I'm confused about the bunch up the middle.. we had 3 WRs to.the short side of the field and we ran zone weak side. We didn't line up in the I. 

If any of you Negative Nancies actually thought we were going to win this game before it started, your disappointment is on you.  

After tonight, we will have played 3 of the top 6 teams in the country.  Sure, it would have been nice to win one of those.  But, no one else in the country can make that claim.  The schedule is what it is.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, as an Eagles fan too they always bunch up with 2 tight ends and a stacked line on 3rd or 4th and short and almost always get stuffed. You need space and to keep the defense honest in those situations. 

Ultimately.. all I'm saying... the call isn't the biggest problem on 4th down. 

Regardless of what play you call.. you have to go make it work. I don't think we have any plays to do that with. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm confused about the bunch up the middle.. we had 3 WRs to.the short side of the field and we ran zone weak side. We didn't line up in the I. 

I don't have the replay in front of me. What my mind saw was a pretty bunched up setup without much space. I know IU wasn't in the I. 

Just now, 5fouls said:

If any of you Negative Nancies actually thought we were going to win this game before it started, your disappointment is on you.  

After tonight, we will have played 3 of the top 6 teams in the country.  Sure, it would have been nice to win one of those.  But, no one else in the country can make that claim.  The schedule is what it is.  

I expected to be competitive and not   get embarrassed on national tv