Penn State Game Thread

KDB

I'm just going to throw this out there.

Iowa - 1 in play penalty for ineligible down field.

Cincinnati - 1 in play penalty for defensive holding.

PSU - 2 in play penalties. 1 illegal touching, and a hold on a meaningless play at the end of the 1st half.

You're going to say in 3 games against top 10 teams, the other team hasn't had a single pass interference, only 1 defensive hold, and only 1 offensive hold? No illegal hands to the face, no face masks, no roughing the passer calls, and only 1 offensive and 1 defensive hold in close to 400 total plays. Yeah right.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, southsidehoosier said:

I guess I don’t get that mentality. Optics don’t matter much to me between 21-3 vs 21-0

They may not matter to you, but they matter to coaches, programs, etc. Even dumb stats getting mentioned in the media "Indiana hasn't been shutout since XYZ..." Those things get mentioned in the media, on twitter, etc., etc., and recruits see that stuff, it gets used, etc. 

Might as well avoid the shutout if you can. 

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

PSU - 2 in play penalties. 1 illegal touching, and a hold on a meaningless play at the end of the 1st half.

You're going to say in 3 games against top 10 teams, the other team hasn't had a single pass interference, only 1 defensive hold, and only 1 offensive hold? No illegal hands to the face, no face masks, no roughing the passer calls, and only 1 offensive and 1 defensive hold in close to 400 total plays. Yeah right.

How funny. Had to explain that part of the game to my 16 year old daughter during this game. I have taught her the game over the years. She asked several times why this or that penalty was not called and I had to explain the concept you refer to. 

5 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Refs heard you and called holding, lol