Penn State Post Game Thread

KDB

Team is going to have to put this start to the season behind them and take it one game at a time.

We’ve got 4 games left against unranked teams. Win those, you make a bowl game. Get a ranked win, you’re at 7 wins.

Offense is hard to watch.

• Like 3

Pre-season….if you told me that IA, Cincy and PSU would all be in the top 7 in the country I would not have been surprised to hear that we started the year 2-3.

Pre-season….. if you told me that we would score a total of 6 points vs IA and PSU I would have been very, very surprised.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

Tom Allen should be fined every time he doesn't kick a field goal. Down 14-0, 3 points in that spot would have been a boost to both the O and D. We better find a QB quickly, we don't have one.

I thought Tuttle looked pretty good other than the Henry Roengardner-esque floater that got picked. The offense moved a lot better too.  

When you leave this many points on the board, the line is brutal, play calling suspect....and our leaders on offense (Penix, Fryfogle) have underperformed you expect our record. Factor in that after today's ranking release there's a good chance we'll have played 3 of the top 5 teams in the country....a losing record is a certainty.

Like we said last night. Bye week is perfect time. Get away for a couple days, get the team healthy....and realize there is a ton of football left but it has to be handled week by week only. Can't think about having to win 4-5 games all at once.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

As bad as it seems for IU football right now, and they definitely should have been more competitive against Iowa and PSU, the reality is they're 2-3 with losses to most likely the current 3rd, 4th and 5th ranked teams in the country. 2 of those on the road. 

And it's not at all hard to see how easily they could have beaten Cinci. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

As bad as it seems for IU football right now, and they definitely should have been more competitive against Iowa and PSU, the reality is they're 2-3 with losses to most likely the current 3rd, 4th and 5th ranked teams in the country. 2 of those on the road. 

I get what your saying and agree, but our offense doesn’t show any fight in them! Only Hendershot seems to want to play! The interception at the 10. Ty Fogfogle didn’t make the same effort to get that ball as he did last year! If he was going to catch it he should make sure the defense doesn’t catch it.  In my opinion! That seems to be the attitude of the offense.