Penn State Post Game Thread

KDB

15 hours ago, slojoe said:

That we can't run with good running backs says something about the OL, but we've played v. 3 very good defensive teams.  But Penix was able to overcome that last year by throwing quickly,  He hasn't been able to do so effectively this year.

The comment about wasting a season on a great defense was accurate.

Now for the easy part of our schedule:  3 of next 4 are #7, #9, and #11!

Still I think there is hope for this team.  Fortunately I think CTA is one of the few coaches who can keep this team together.

Play IU and get a top 10 ranking lol!! Funny though...imagine if we had won those games.....would we be sitting in the driver seat for a CFP birth?? We'd have to be ranked in the top 5 right?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, dgambill said:

Play IU and get a top 10 ranking lol!! Funny though...imagine if we had won those games.....would we be sitting in the driver seat for a CFP birth?? We'd have to be ranked in the top 5 right?

Imagine if we had made them close games and actually scored more than 6 points.  College football actually looks at how big the win/loss is.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 12:20 PM, dgambill said:

I would say Top 5 easily...but my heart says #2.

On 10/4/2021 at 12:20 PM, dgambill said:

I think we'd be ranked around 10-12. If we had beaten Iowa and Penn State (lol, that felt silly to type), they wouldn't be anywhere near the top 5 because a loss to IU is still considered a bad loss to some of the people who do these rankings. I just don't think they'd feel comfortable ranking us any higher. I mean, we got up to what, #12 last year, and people were acting like the sun was rising in the southwest. 

Ok, back to present day IU football and hoping we don't see a run up the middle on first down.