'21-'22 MLB Hot Stove League

rico

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Well, wherever he goes, he'll be a good get...Solid player and great in the clubhouse...

The pressure on the Ricketts after this year is all time level. I have no doubt we'll be in the running for Nick C. Now if he chooses another team because of the opportunity to win now I can see him going elsewhere....but this won't be a money issue this year. 

My needs are simple. I'll take Nick, Freddie Freeman, and Arenado this off season. Let everyone else fight for the leftovers.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

The pressure on the Ricketts after this year is all time level. I have no doubt we'll be in the running for Nick C. Now if he chooses another team because of the opportunity to win now I can see him going elsewhere....but this won't be a money issue this year. 

My needs are simple. I'll take Nick, Freddie Freeman, and Arenado this off season. Let everyone else fight for the leftovers.

Not asking for much are you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, rico said:

Freeman and Belt are out there as well...

I'd love to have Freeman, but I honestly think he'll stay with the Braves...one of my favorite players...

Belt I'm lukewarm on...I'd take Brandon Crawford in a heartbeat at the right price...

All those guys are over 30 though...and I know I bitch about the shallow pockets of the McRicketts, but I'd rather not tie up a bunch of long term money in players over 30...they can fall off pretty quickly...

20 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'd love to have Freeman, but I honestly think he'll stay with the Braves...one of my favorite players...

Belt I'm lukewarm on...I'd take Brandon Crawford in a heartbeat at the right price...

All those guys are over 30 though...and I know I bitch about the shallow pockets of the McRicketts, but I'd rather not tie up a bunch of long term money in players over 30...they can fall off pretty quickly...

Crawford a FA?

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs claim Miley today off waivers. I'm not a GM but couldn't the Reds have picked up his option, traded him...got something in return and still did the goal of dumping money off the books?

Reds being the Reds.  Totally ignorant move.  Like you said, so many ways available to get something for him.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Freddie Freeman is one of those guys I hope I never see in a different uniform.  Some guys belong with a specific franchise.  He's one of those.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs claim Miley today off waivers. I'm not a GM but couldn't the Reds have picked up his option, traded him...got something in return and still did the goal of dumping money off the books?

Reds tried to trade him and cut him because there wasn’t a market. Good luck to Miley but he’s very unlikely to repeat what he did this year.