2024 WR Tae Johnson

OGIUAndy

15 hours ago, IUJoe said:

North Side wasn't the only Fort Wayne school IU visited today.  Darren Hiller was at Carroll's practice looking at a few players.

Good.  I like to look at lists of recruits after the high school season, when all the reports from the season are considered.  Lot of new info.  But, I will say this, I would like to see us get more athletic on the offensive line.  Bedford is probably the one plus athlete we have right now.  As a group, we look stiff.  

We definitely have an upgrade in talent coming based on this ‘22 class, but both lines need to get better and better.  It’s hard to find huge guys period, but it is even harder to narrow that group to guys with some quickness and athleticism.  People think about agility and range at tackle, but you need some explosiveness and quickness inside at guard and center too.   I think we need more of it, IMO.  Hopefully, Sales and Khalil Benson are looking promising in practice and we do have a few good line prospects in ‘22 with Carter Smith and Demon Moore but we need more, IMO.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

57 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good.  I like to look at lists of recruits after the high school season, when all the reports from the season are considered.  Lot of new info.  But, I will say this, I would like to see us get more athletic on the offensive line.  Bedford is probably the one plus athlete we have right now.  As a group, we look stiff.  

We definitely have an upgrade in talent coming based on this ‘22 class, but both lines need to get better and better.  It’s hard to find huge guys period, but it is even harder to narrow that group to guys with some quickness and athleticism.  People think about agility and range at tackle, but you need some explosiveness and quickness inside at guard and center too.   I think we need more of it, IMO.  Hopefully, Sales and Khalil Benson are looking promising in practice and we do have a few good line prospects in ‘22 with Carter Smith and Demon Moore but we need more, IMO.  

Carroll’s best OL prospect is currently only a freshman who is playing LT on varsity.  Of course, Hiller couldn’t talk to him yet but made a point of shaking his hand “in passing,” lol.  Hiller was also looking at a LB, DB, WR, and K.  Fort Wayne is Hiller’s recruiting area so he recruits all positions.

• Thanks 1