Colts - Draft

StLHoosier

For all of you Colts fans out there, who do you think they should draft?  I’m torn between four players.

Saquon Barkley - Not a need but arguably the best player and athlete in the draft.  Could have a huge impact right off of the bat with 25+ touches a game (running and receiving)

Bradley Chubb - Severely need a pass rusher and he’s the best one in the draft.  Non-stop motor and has that prototypical size.  

Quenton Nelson - Best lineman in the draft by far IMO.  Could plug him in from day one and forget about the position for 10+ years.  Pro Bowl caliber player right off of the bat IMO.

Minkah Fitzpatrick - Arguably the best defensive player in the draft.  Can play both corner and safety.  Maybe not necessarily a need but could be the best player available.

Out of these four players, I can make a case for each one.  What are your thoughts, and is there anyone else you could see them drafting?

Barkley for sure. 

Gurley is a great example of what a great running back can mean to a team. Gore is done and they need a new bell cow. The other guys are good but imo not a position of as much need

Chiefs recent draft history suggests Ballard believes he can add talent on offense in later rounds. Tyreek Hill in 5th, Kareem Hunt in 3rd, Travis Kelce in 3rd,  even Knile Davis was a 3rd round pick. Ballard also said when he took the job that football is won up front. If I'm the Colts I take Chubb in a second. Barkely is great but give me help up front. 

39 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't know if Barkley is gonna be there.  I would be happy with a Chubb/Chubb selection.

I could potentially see the Browns taking Barkley at 1, but that’s a big risk with their continuing need to get a QB.  They do have the 4th pick too, but I could see the Colts trading down to 5 or 6 and having the two top QB’s taken before the Browns pick again.  Out of the top six teams, four of them need a QB (assuming Luck is healthy), so I could see some shuffling early in round 1.

2 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

I could potentially see the Browns taking Barkley at 1, but that’s a big risk with their continuing need to get a QB.  They do have the 4th pick too, but I could see the Colts trading down to 5 or 6 and having the two top QB’s taken before the Browns pick again.  Out of the top six teams, four of them need a QB (assuming Luck is healthy), so I could see some shuffling early in round 1.

To be honest I could see the Browns or Giants taking Barkely.  But ya just never know.

I'm not sure how much this will contribute but if McDaniels is the next Colts coach (looks likely)...the Patriots use about 23 running backs so maybe the need to get Barkley isn't a high one. If you don't take Chubb keep trading back and gathering picks. Plenty of holes to fill. 

PS...I'm a Bears fan living in Indy but  I always hope the Colts do well. Hiring McDaniels is a big one. I hope Colts fans realize that. 

5 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know Barkley would be a luxury but with a team with so many holes I think if there take the best player and I believe it to be Barkley.  Chubb is not a Freeney, or Watts in my opinion so get the player that could be a great one. I was all in on a pass rusher but the more I see Barkley the more I like

I think we could get a guy like Jeff Holland in the second round to fill the pass rusher void. Although, if we change defenses you've got to get a real DE and not a tweener. 

• 3 months later...

Archived