CFB GameDay Week #6

rico

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Probably. Penn State's D is legit though, I think with a healthy Clifford PSU can beat OSU. 

I agree. I’m guessing Iowa makes it out the west but gets smacked in BIG title game. Penn State was the better team by a lot. Makes it that much harder now for BIG to get into playoffs with Penn State and OSU having one loss. Literally everything that could go right has gone right for Iowa. They are good top 20 team. But definitely not close to top 5 worthy. 

• Like 2

Just now, BGleas said:

Yup, completely agree. PSU was moving the ball consistently before Clifford got hurt and only scored 3 points after he went out. 

Kind of embarrassing for Iowa really. Played backup QB for 3 quarters and I still wasn’t sure if they were going to pull it off in the end. OSU and Penn State are both top 10 teams. The BIG East is ridiculous! I’m so tired of East and West divisions. 

• Like 1

Just now, 5 championships said:

Kind of embarrassing for Iowa really. Played backup QB for 3 quarters and I still wasn’t sure if they were going to pull it off in the end. OSU and Penn State are both top 10 teams. The BIG East is ridiculous! I’m so tired of East and West divisions. 

Yeah, I was not impressed with Iowa at all. Their QB is below average for this level. He's not a Big Ten title level QB. 

1 minute ago, 5 championships said:

There's nothing embarrassing about beating the #4 team in the country, regardless of their QB status. Can't believe how much some of you are sh*tting on Iowa. I know we have a PSU fan in here, but damn. 

Just now, BGleas said:

Yup, completely agree. PSU was moving the ball consistently before Clifford got hurt and only scored 3 points after he went out. 

You'll have to remind our fans that injuries change games. Penix, McFadden,etc..I'd love to match up comments from our posters in this game vs what they might say when it's IU related. I kid of course. Kind of. 

Didn't know you were a Penn St guy. Self reporting besides ND...OhioSt/PennSt are neck and neck with my most despised teams/programs. With that said game changed on Clifford injury for sure. I can also say Ferentz and Iowa played the perfect Iowa game. I think they scored all their points with the wind....and the backup QB from Penn St sailed about 6-7 throws for sure.

Great day of college football though between OK/Texas, Ole Miss/Arkansas, Penn St/Iowa.....even if a team is on the losing end I love seeing packed houses of great fans and having fun....including storming the field. These students were robbed of a year. Let them enjoy it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

The East and West divisions is really hurting the conference trying to get teams into the Playoffs and costing the league money. 

All day long. Mentioned in another thread. Wish our leadership was like the SEC. What gives us the best chance to have 2 teams in the conversation every year. Right now the East kills each other...and the crossover games don't help the elite shake off a loss. Right now Penn St (unless they run it) is hoping for a Florida bowl and that's it. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You'll have to remind our fans that injuries change games. Penix, McFadden,etc..I'd love to match up comments from our posters in this game vs what they might say when it's IU related. I kid of course. Kind of. 

Didn't know you were a Penn St guy. Self reporting besides ND...OhioSt/PennSt are neck and neck with my most despised teams/programs. With that said game changed on Clifford injury for sure. I can also say Ferentz and Iowa played the perfect Iowa game. I think they scored all their points with the wind....and the backup QB from Penn St sailed about 6-7 throws for sure.

Great day of college football though between OK/Texas, Ole Miss/Arkansas, Penn St/Iowa.....even if a team is on the losing end I love seeing packed houses of great fans and having fun....including storming the field. These students were robbed of a year. Let them enjoy it. 

I grew up in the 80's and 90's in both Indiana and Pennsylvania, so I'm a PSU football fan (like IU too) and an Indiana fan for basketball and other sports. 

The problem with PSU once Clifford went down is that their backup quarterback is starting for Kentucky this year, so the kid that went in was just plain not ready for the moment. 

There were some awesome games today. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

There's nothing embarrassing about beating the #4 team in the country, regardless of their QB status. Can't believe how much some of you are sh*tting on Iowa. I know we have a PSU fan in here, but damn. 

I just really didn't think Iowa looked very good. Their offense is really not good and their QB is very shaky. 

Like I said, I think PSU wins that game by double-digits if Clifford doesn't get hurt. 

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I just really didn't think Iowa looked very good. Their offense is really not good and their QB is very shaky. 

Like I said, I think PSU wins that game by double-digits if Clifford doesn't get hurt. 

Iowa football dating back to Hayden Fry was always this way. I always equate them to Bo Ryan hoops. We've dominated them....how did we get beat? 

I wasn't aware of the Penn St affiliation. None of my comments are ever personal. Tough loss....and these losses suck because we know once you lose this game you say hello Gator Bowl. I'll say it again. Big 10 leadership needs to figure out a way to make our best 2-3 teams always are involved in playoff conversation. Right now it's 1 and 1 only. 

• Like 1