Expecting a completely different look on both ends of the floor

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Setting the W/L record aside, I feel this will be a much more entertaining team to watch, even if the final record is not where we would like it to be.   

No doubt about it. If we hit just 1-2 more 3's per game, we win like what? 4-5 more games last year? And our defense sucked...er...I mean wasn't near as good as what we saw in the Bahama's.

If we can lock down on defense, I think Woody will coach us to 20-24 wins.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

No more pack-line or sets oriented offense.

Instead expect an aggressive defense with a more free-flowing up-tempo offense.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-to-look-much-different-on-both-ends-of-the-floor-in-2021-22/

Pack-line…LOL. Half our team is new so, according to many posts in the past, they could not have reasonably been expected to fully grasp the pack-line until the 2024-2025 season. Can’t wait for this season to start.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Pack-line…LOL. Half our team is new so, according to many posts in the past, they could not have reasonably been expected to fully grasp the pack-line until the 2024-2025 season. Can’t wait for this season to start.

How long can it take to learn to run at the 3 point line and yell “miss it”?

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Man considering how my other sports teams have done so far, I'm with you all the way!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I am hoping for a team that looks like they are having some fun. And of course, running a watchable offense and defense. 

Doubt if you have to "hope" for more than 2 weeks. I think we'll see a drastically different style of ball compared to what we've seen for the past 4 years.

Just imagine how much fun it would be to witness a pass fake again? Especially for a shooter!

• Like 1