2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm ready to see the Candy Stripes

I'm ready to see Woody on the sidelines

I'm ready to hear Don Fischer on the radio

I'm ready for the William Tell Overture

I'm ready to see Another  banner hanging in the rafters

I'm ready to pick a 'favorite' player, like I do every year

I'm ready to watch IU games on the tv in the man cave with my son

I'm ready to hear Gus Johnson refer to Assembly Hall the 'Carnegie Hall' of college hoops

I'm ready for the number on IU's side of the scoreboard to be bigger than the one on the opponent's side

I'm ready for Assembly Hall to literally shake during the Purdue game

I'm more ready for IU hoops than I have been in a long time 

Fixed it for you. 

No I don't expect it but feeling really good about the future.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm ready to see the Candy Stripes

I'm ready to see Woody on the sidelines

I'm ready to hear Don Fischer on the radio

I'm ready for the William Tell Overture

I'm ready to see the banners hanging in the rafters

I'm ready to pick a 'favorite' player, like I do every year

I'm ready to watch IU games on the tv in the man cave with my son

I'm ready to hear Gus Johnson refer to Assembly Hall the 'Carnegie Hall' of college hoops

I'm ready for the number on IU's side of the scoreboard to be bigger than the one on the opponent's side

I'm ready for Assembly Hall to literally shake during the Purdue game

I'm more ready for IU hoops than I have been in a long time 

100% agree with everything.

I'm ready to look forward to games again

I'm ready to look forward to watching all games in the season. The last few years, I just simply quit watching. It became to painful and irritating to watch. 

• Like 2

We're finally ready to travel the road we never did before. That is to hire a former Hoosier and let him instill Hoosier pride in those young players. It's regrettable IU had to wait this long to make it happen, but it's way better late than never. Jury's still out, but I gotta say I'm more than optimistic. Coach Woodson is probably the best coach we've had since the departure of Coach Knight. 

• Like 1

I am ready to watch a game and not feel like I am going to a funeral. I am ready to see hustle, enthusiasm, intensity and pride. I am ready to see some personality in both the team and players. I am ready to hear the crowd screaming their lungs out. I am ready to watch a game and not feel is if he lost before we played. 

Lastly I am ready to see a Hoosier leading the Hoosiers and all of us Hoosiers being on board!

• Like 8

Of course I want us to win, but if we play with real effort, hustle, and not take possessions off, or walk the friggin' ball up the court, I'll be happy.

I'm sure it won't be as smooth of a transition as many (including me) think, but I can sure hope like hell we kick some B1G a$$ this year. And not just win the squeakers. For once in a very long time I'd like us to dominate some teams in the B1G...

Woody has the know how. Question is will the guys actually put it into games vs just in practice. I think they will. We'll see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, addictedtoIU said:

We're finally ready to travel the road we never did before. That is to hire a former Hoosier and let him instill Hoosier pride in those young players. It's regrettable IU had to wait this long to make it happen, but it's way better late than never. Jury's still out, but I gotta say I'm more than optimistic. Coach Woodson is probably the best coach we've had since the departure of Coach Knight. 

I can agree if you are taking all aspects of the program into account, but maybe Sampson is a better coach on the court?

18 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

We have been like a country music song.

Yeah, we happy like HSN on a game night
Got that Bourbon, Scotch, and beer with our Indiana gear 

Got some Gus J on the tube too 

From the Carnagie Hall at Indiana U 

Bougie like Natty in the styrofoam
Squeak-squeakin' in the man-cave so I don't have to roam 

Some Indiana-jamma, it's  my Hoosierland delight
Ayy, that's how we do, how we do, happy like, oh

Happy like, oh
Happy like, oh
Happy like, oh

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mchenry34 said:

I can agree if you are taking all aspects of the program into account, but maybe Sampson is a better coach on the court?

I thought about Sampson too, and certainly he's a proven coach. He was just not the right man for a school like IU. Also it's fair to ask the question whether he's the right leader and mentor for young men. Woodson, on the other hand, is known as a man of high character and well-respected and understands what basketball means to IU. While he wasn't some legendary NBA coach, he improved his teams wherever he coached. I think his coaching can be more than 'good' at the collegiate level. We'll find out in a few months.

• Like 1

I'm ready to see an IU team that has depth and actually uses their scholarships, which means I'm ready to see a team that can sub at all positions when the play is not up to the standard

I'm ready for guards who know what they are doing and don't have to stop and look at the bench on virtually every possession

I'm ready for a defense that is in your face and an offense that moves at something other than a snail's pace

I'm ready for Assembly Hall to become a nightmare for every opponent

I'm ready for a team that has more than one player who can shoot and they shoot it consistently

I'm ready for a team that doesn't wilt like a flower for most road games

I'm ready for a team that has an edge - better yet, a team that plays with a bit of a nasty streak

I'm ready for a team that is not physically overpowered and annually one of smallest team's in the B1G

I'm ready for IU to return as an annual NCAA tournament team and national title contender

I'm ready for IU basketball to start

• Like 1

I get excited every year, but especially so this offseason.  

I have said it before, but I cannot express how much I was impressed with Trayce this offseason.  It's not just that he came back.  He is obviously an excellent player (Norlander has him in the top ten nationally).  But, what separates him is his leadership and attitude.  He accepted what Woody told him about improving certain aspects.  He's not here to be pampered or play BMOC.  He wants to be better and better.  It's also that he was the pied piper with the rest of the team.  He talked to them all.  IMO, we are talking about rare level of maturity for his age (and especially considering what a great player he is).  

I have been a fan since the mid 1970s.  Been blessed to see a ton of great players come through here.  But if I name my favorite 13 players, I am going to have Trayce.  To me, this is a kid with a heroic level of pride in IU and leadership.  I would have guys like Steve Eyl and Tom Coverdale on my roster too, because I loved how they played and what they brought.  Of course, I am going to have the obvious studs like Isaiah, Alford, Buckner, May, Cheaney, Turner, Benny and on and on.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I have said it before, but I cannot express how much I was impressed with Trayce this offseason.  It's not just that he came back.  He is obviously an excellent player (Norlander has him in the top ten nationally).  But, what separates him is his leadership and attitude.  He accepted what Woody told him about improving certain aspects.  He's not here to be pampered or play BMOC.  He wants to be better and better.  It's also that he was the pied piper with the rest of the team.  He talked to them all.  IMO, we are talking about rare level of maturity for his age (and especially considering what a great player he is).  

I have been a fan since the mid 1970s.  Been blessed to see a ton of great players come through here.  But if I name my favorite 13 players, I am going to have Trayce.  To me, this is a kid with a heroic level of pride in IU and leadership.  I would have guys like Steve Eyl and Tom Coverdale on my roster too, because I loved how they played and what they brought.  Of course, I am going to have the obvious studs like Isaiah, Alford, Buckner, May, Cheaney, Turner, Benny and on and on.  

Always love your posts sir 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I started watching IU in the late 80s andTrayce is easily up there with guys like Cheaney, Greg Graham, Yogi and Alan Henderson as some of my favorite players. 

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Thanks 1