I'm Ready For IU Hoops Season

5fouls

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

There's nothing worse than a flat Brew...

🍻

That pretty much describes what I've seen from him.  Pretty bland writing and not much real insight.  I'll give him props if he's really scooped everyone on something big, but given his history, I am expecting to be underwhelmed or whelmed at best.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I'm guessing he is pumping a podcast or something.  

But whipping people into a frenzy by saying it's bigger than the renewal of IU/UK just to pump up the hits isn't going to win him many admirers...

I've never seen you over-hype anything like that...

Here's why Tom Brew is a complete hack: instead of minding his own business and simply announcing something cool with 2 of our players, he WAY overhyped purposefully to disappoint everyone and take the news AWAY from the players. Marketing genius, that guy.

Edited by labeck81
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, labeck81 said:

Here's why Tom Brew is a complete hack: instead of minding his own business and simply announcing something cool with 2 of our players, he WAY overhyped purposefully to disappoint everyone and take the news AWAY from the players. Marketing genius, that guy.

Anyone who fell for it though, like come on. 

It sucks that Rob and XJ have to face the consequences of this guys antics. Obviously a lot of fans would love to listen to this but may intentionally avoid it to spite this guy. This should be a wonderful NIL opportunity for these two and hopefully it wasn’t ruined by this “genius” marketing strategy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, labeck81 said:

look at the mentions

I would say some of the replies are a bit harsh. What type of real news did anyone really expect from him, especially after the comments about 7ish. It was pretty obvious it was about his podcast. Not sure what real news they really thought this dude would have? So I don’t really get the insistent negative replies. Can’t they just come here to complain about him like the rest of us 😀 and leave Rob and Xavier out of the Twitter hostility. 

• Like 2

Yeah...great to have these players on a podcast but come on...bigger than renewing IU-Kentucky?  I hope Brew is better at his actual podcast than he is at promotion.

He deserves to get ratioed for his part  but Rob and Xavier shouldn't be Twitter casualties in the process.  The more I'm around Twitter, the more I hate it.  Just no civility there sometimes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Kind of OT. Has anyone heard when the IU posters are going to be sold to public? I know they sold at HH but haven't heard anything sense. 

Somebody reported that they picked some up in the lobby of Assembly Hall before the OSU football game.  Sounds like they were just laid out there for folks to grab.

There was a date established for when they would be available via mail order but I'm too lazy to look for that.

• Like 1