I'm Ready For IU Hoops Season

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Matt Norlander at CBS counting down the Top 68.  Check out that last sentence.  

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-no-1-358-rankings-preseason-countdown-concludes-with-top-68-teams-for-2021-22-season/

23. Indiana: Take a scan of the teams I've got in my top 30. I don't think there will be one with a greater shock to the senses -- in terms of what fans are used to seeing -- than IU. Mike Woodson is going to flip this thing in year one. Will it sustain for five or more years? I don't know. Will it work right away? I think so. IU, by my eye, has top-three pure talent in that league. Woodson recently admitted he is grinding his players in practice and working them into a level of conditioning they've never encountered before. It's likely awful right now, but if they can look up in mid-January and still see themselves ranked, much of it will be worth it. Trayce Jackson-Davis is now an obvious top-10 player in America, so it starts with him. It's the little things that add up, though, like keeping former highly touted prospect Khristian Lander and ensuring Rob Phinisee stuck around in Bloomington. Pitt transfer combo guard Xavier Johnson could be a revelation in the Big Ten if he can clean up his flawed habits from his hot-and-cold spell at Pitt. Can't wait to see this group in less than a month; after all, they are my national champion dark horse pick.

That last sentence gave me what you're hoping to see on the sidelines. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Matt Norlander at CBS counting down the Top 68.  Check out that last sentence.  

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-no-1-358-rankings-preseason-countdown-concludes-with-top-68-teams-for-2021-22-season/

23. Indiana: Take a scan of the teams I've got in my top 30. I don't think there will be one with a greater shock to the senses -- in terms of what fans are used to seeing -- than IU. Mike Woodson is going to flip this thing in year one. Will it sustain for five or more years? I don't know. Will it work right away? I think so. IU, by my eye, has top-three pure talent in that league. Woodson recently admitted he is grinding his players in practice and working them into a level of conditioning they've never encountered before. It's likely awful right now, but if they can look up in mid-January and still see themselves ranked, much of it will be worth it. Trayce Jackson-Davis is now an obvious top-10 player in America, so it starts with him. It's the little things that add up, though, like keeping former highly touted prospect Khristian Lander and ensuring Rob Phinisee stuck around in Bloomington. Pitt transfer combo guard Xavier Johnson could be a revelation in the Big Ten if he can clean up his flawed habits from his hot-and-cold spell at Pitt. Can't wait to see this group in less than a month; after all, they are my national champion dark horse pick.

I was hoping after reading his article that who ever posted it here, would have deleted the last sentence.

22 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I was hoping after reading his article that who ever posted it here, would have deleted the last sentence.

Probably right.  That should be the floor.  'Darkhorse' is kind of a back-handed compliment.  Realistically, we should demand an undefeated season and nothing else.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2