MSU Post Game Thread

KDB

Just now, btownqb said:

OL 

OL, Tuttle, Sheridan.....Tuttle missed throws today that kids make at 1A level in high school. Sheridan play calling is still a serious head scratcher but like I said in other thread. Chicken or egg. Is Tuttle so inept he has to call the game this way....or is our line so bad Sheridan has to call it that way.....this isn't a singular issue. Combination of Tuttle, OLine, and Sheridan don't work. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

OL, Tuttle, Sheridan.....Tuttle missed throws today that kids make at 1A level in high school. Sheridan play calling is still a serious head scratcher but like I said in other thread. Chicken or egg. Is Tuttle so inept he has to call the game this way....or is our line so bad Sheridan has to call it that way.....this isn't a singular issue. Combination of Tuttle, OLine, and Sheridan don't work. 

Tuttle "Penixed" us today.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Both.  Last year was an anomaly folks.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Tuttle "Penixed" us today.

Just wish he could be healthy. Masks plenty of issues....and I'm disappointed in Fryfogle. Couple of drops we need him to turn into catches but I keep going back to our first drive. Moved the ball with pace and passes....and never saw that again. I know Sparty made adjustments but weird film room coming up tomorrow for the guys. 

50 attempts for 188 yards.  That’s under 4 ypa.   That’s a special kind of bad.  

Way too many plays run in front of the sticks.  You could bet on it after a couple of drives.  The rhythm of the play calling was odd.   Then you get the 3rd and 6 plus run calls that led us to 4th and 3.  

Our receivers are below average across the board.  They don’t separate.  I have to say I’m surprised by that.  

Tuttle holds the ball too long at times and he also needs to value the ball more.  That’s what you get with an inexperienced QB I guess.  

Hiller has got to go.  I don’t wish anyone ill will with a job, but I think he can land someplace. 

Other than Hendershot and Bedford, I don’t see any plus players on offense.  

McFadden and Jones were tremendous.  Handy looks skinny but he’s got a knack for pass rushing.   Pierre is coming on and can hopefully start next year.  Our safeties are first rate.

We can harp on the offense but the defense deserves way better.  I’m very happy with Warren across the board.  Smart guy, great recruiter.  

Allen needs to take a long look at his offensive coaches.  Sometimes the head coach needs to make tough decisions.  It’s why they are paid the big bucks.  

• Like 4

Just now, jv1972iu said:

Both

Right.  I refuse to believe a great OC would have 1 touchdown in 12 quarters in B1G play.  We were 0-12 scoring touchdowns in the red zone against ranked teams before our TD today.  Even Rutgers a couple years ago wasn't that inept, and we have way more talent than they had.

The OL is an absolute joke, and makes things much, much tougher, but you can't tell me we'd have those same stats if DeBoer was our OC.  Not a chance in hell.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm sorry but I'm still not bothered by the play calling lol 

We get the ball to 1st and goal at the 4 and we still can't lean on people for 4 yards?

I dont understand how an experienced OL can be that bad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

50 attempts for 188 yards.  That’s under 4 ypa.   That’s a special kind of bad.  

Way too many plays run in front of the sticks.  You could bet on it after a couple of drives.  The rhythm of the play calling was odd.   Then you get the 3rd and 6 plus run calls that led us to 4th and 3.  

Our receivers are below average across the board.  They don’t separate.  I have to say I’m surprised by that.  

Tuttle holds the ball too long at times and he also needs to value the ball more.  That’s what you get with an inexperienced QB I guess.  

Hiller has got to go.  I don’t wish anyone ill will with a job, but I think he can land someplace. 

Other than Hendershot and Bedford, I don’t see any plus players on offense.  

McFadden and Jones were tremendous.  Handy looks skinny but he’s got a knack for pass rushing.   Pierre is coming on and can hopefully start next year.  Our safeties are first rate.

We can harp on the offense but the defense deserves way better.  I’m very happy with Warren across the board.  Smart guy, great recruiter.  

Allen needs to take a long look at his offensive coaches.  Sometimes the head coach needs to make tough decisions.  It’s why they are paid the big bucks.  

The WR are probably the most disappointing for me.  I expected them to be a strong point, and they've struggled across the board outside of Matthews before he got hurt.  I expected the OL to be bad (not this bad), and I expected Tuttle might struggle, but I thought our WR would help mitigate some of that.

I've been really pleased with Warren so far.  He obviously inherited a great group, but they've played great.  We haven't had enough leads to get the turnovers we got last year.  Tough to really go after the QB and force bad throws when they have the lead and don't have to throw.

• Like 2