MSU Post Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

We need more Jimmies and Joe's. We were silly to think we were talented enough. We aren't. 

We definitely need more talent, but a lot of our Jimmies and Joes look worse this year than last year.  Pretty much everybody on the offense outside of Hendershot is playing worse than they did last year.  That's a major issue.

• Like 3

Just now, Leathernecks said:

We definitely need more talent, but a lot of our Jimmies and Joes look worse this year than last year.  Pretty much everybody on the offense outside of Hendershot is playing worse than they did last year.  That's a major issue.

None of them were ever that good. Fryfogle was wildly overrated, Penix had 3 season ending injuries. 

Throw in DJ Mathews injury.. and there ya go. Marshall, Swinton, Hewitt.. notta. 

We don't have a single WR that can get any sort of YAC, at all

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

None of them were ever that good. Fryfogle was wildly overrated, Penix had 3 season ending injuries. 

Throw in DJ Mathews injury.. and there ya go. Marshall, Swinton, Hewitt.. notta. 

We don't have a single WR that can get any sort of YAC, at all

It seems that none of our WRs are able to get separation from the DBs. Compound that with the fact that the OL can’t hold blocks to give them extra time or create holes and you have our offense in a nutshell. Easily defended

We now know why Penix was playing when he wasn’t 100%, and maybe never fully recovered from last year’s injuries. (Or the year before, and so on) The defense showed that we were built to win games now, but the QB play this season has been very poor. I think our WR corps would be much better if they were not forced to run 5 yard crossing routes all game, or “high point” the ball all the time. Carr is a tough runner, but just not as good as Scott. This is a team with good bones, but problems at OL, QB, and RB has doomed the season. That- and the McFadden ejection. The turnaround is going to take a step back this year, but I still believe. I think?

10 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Let's face it, last season was a fluke and we still got embarrassed in a second-rate bowl game.

That said, no reason to make changes at the top - we'll just get another coordinator/assistant coach level replacement.

What 2nd rate bowl did we play in that we got embarrassed in? 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Let's face it, last season was a fluke and we still got embarrassed in a second-rate bowl game.

That said, no reason to make changes at the top - we'll just get another coordinator/assistant coach level replacement.

There still is a season at head.  Let's not forget we lost leaders on offense in Whop and Scott.  The Line hasn't been good since we had a few pros on it, and Scott was awesome as a blocker.  

I always go back to the conservative play calling.  Even MSU threw some trickery in there and it worked.  You want to play top 10 football, open the playbook.  Create change.

Well my prediction of 7-5 seems like it won't happen now.  What is bad I had us at 4-2 through the first 6 games so it if we finish how I predicted there will be no bowl game this year..

I didn't see the game but how it sounded we had a lot of back shoulder fades and I really hate those throws.  They are a pretty low percentage throws unless you have a great passer and receivers.  It seems like a lot of our passes are outside the hash marks or a swing pass.  It seems like we don't use the middle of the  field especially down the field.

It seems like a lot of the plays requires our WR to be able to make one person miss but our guys are not capable of that.  It is without saying the worst part of this team is the OL.  I blame Hitler for not developing the players and his lack of recruiting that position.

Edited by IU Scott

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Was the year before an anomaly as well

I'm saying that being a year of no fans plus a favorable call against PSU plus down years from both Michigan schools lead many, myself included, to believe we were going to be better or the same level of play.  Turns out we were fooled.  IU is still weak with limited depth.

5 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I'm saying that being a year of no fans plus a favorable call against PSU plus down years from both Michigan schools lead many, myself included, to believe we were going to be better or the same level of play.  Turns out we were fooled.  IU is still weak with limited depth.

Still the year before we won 8 games on got in a good bowl game(Gator Bowl).  What is the excuses for this year.  I never bought in that we would compete for the big ten this year and thought at best 8-4 and probably 7-5

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Still the year before we won 8 games on got in a good bowl game(Gator Bowl).  What is the excuses for this year.  I never bought in that we would compete for the big ten this year and thought at best 8-4 and probably 7-5

Congratulations, Scott.  I don't happen to agree with you.