MSU Post Game Thread

KDB

Sheridan's offense is not good and there isn't much creativity to it. It is Mike Deboard offense 2.0. That said everyone is complaining about Hillard but is it that he isn't developing guys on the O-line or are these guys just not talented enough or is it likely that it's a combination of both. Then to me it comes down to if he's just not a good enough recruiter at landing talented enough O-line recruits. All the recent O-line recruits the last 3 classes have been between 700-1000 and except for 2022 commit Demon Moore. 

I have looked at the last two games many times. Without a doubt our biggest problem with the Offense is the line no doubt. and we have no real speed threat on the outside at receiver and that keeps everything bottled up for our offense and east to defend. Not sure if we brought in any Freshman speed burners at receiver but if we did we need to play them. Hopefully we can find some speed in the portal this winter. the oline is a very slow reacting group collectively. 

2 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Nah. Coming into college before injury’s he was just as good of a runner with a way better arm. Loved what Ramsey did for us though. 

No, he wasn't. In a box.. hes not quick at all. 

Ramseys 40 was always faster. Penix 100/200 faster though. 

4 hours ago, jojo123 said:

I have looked at the last two games many times. Without a doubt our biggest problem with the Offense is the line no doubt. and we have no real speed threat on the outside at receiver and that keeps everything bottled up for our offense and east to defend. Not sure if we brought in any Freshman speed burners at receiver but if we did we need to play them. Hopefully we can find some speed in the portal this winter. the oline is a very slow reacting group collectively. 

We need more flea flickers....

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I would like to see anything that may help this anemic offense 

This offense reminds me of when Mike DeBord was the OC… It improved dramatically the next year after he stepped down when they hired Kalen DeBoer…Man, I miss Kalen.

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

This offense reminds me of when Mike DeBord was the OC… It improved dramatically the next year after he stepped down when they hired Kalen DeBoer…Man, I miss Kalen.

I agree, all I keep hearing is lack of execution! Well who’s fault is that! Yes the player has to execute, but the coach has to have him ready and know how  to execute! 
when the QB makes his read he needs to figure out the coverage. That should tell him who has the best chance of being open! 
I don’t have the ability to coach at that level. Neither does Hiller or Sheridan in my opinion!

• Like 1