Northwestern Postgame Thread

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

That's the thing though, that demonstrates a faulty formula. he has repeatedly picked us to lose or in this game to barely squeak by NW. Focusing on a statistical basis on a couple of games is a poor foundation. 

I don't think it focuses on those games as much as they were so bad it weighs heavily on it. Typically teams don't have two games THAT bad in one season. 

If we win games, the ratings will take of themselves. Really, the emphasis should be on getting better. If we do and it results in wins, then great. I don't think we need to get all wrapped up in what any of these guys think. 

Just win games 

Seems team is finally starting to gel and on page with CAM.  Kellogg confirmed such in discussion with CAM stating they are finally comfortable with one another.  Needed to see this NW win for me to believe.  MSU will be a struggle. LOVE THE D.  Finally TOUGH, TENACIOUS, and UNRELENTING.  The very D we all wished for last year and with CAM's arrival.  I could not complain about the first half and only 4pt lead with Morgan out entire half.  Even with our best player benched and POOR OFFENSE we still held a lead.  Will need Offense to go with same D against MSU to have a chance.  They may be vulnerable now due to their poor guard play.  Who knows?  I definitely like the trajectory we are on. Continue with this D and just some improvement on offense and we can be top 5 in conference.  Would never have believed that after showing against Wiscy!

3 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

Seems team is finally starting to gel and on page with CAM.  Kellogg confirmed such in discussion with CAM stating they are finally comfortable with one another.  Needed to see this NW win for me to believe.  MSU will be a struggle. LOVE THE D.  Finally TOUGH, TENACIOUS, and UNRELENTING.  The very D we all wished for last year and with CAM's arrival.  I could not complain about the first half and only 4pt lead with Morgan out entire half.  Even with our best player benched and POOR OFFENSE we still held a lead.  Will need Offense to go with same D against MSU to have a chance.  They may be vulnerable now due to their poor guard play.  Who knows?  I definitely like the trajectory we are on. Continue with this D and just some improvement on offense and we can be top 5 in conference.  Would never have believed that after showing against Wiscy!

Loved the defense. It is was kept us in the game in the first half.... with Juwan warming the pine.  And then.... IU went well into the second half, with a tough defense, without committing one foul. And was able to play harder as a result.... not fearing putting Northwestern on the line.... till very late in the game.

I agree with you.  This is the kind of defense we have been longing for. For years.

I’m not great at the x’s and o’s, but I really liked their intensity in this game. Throughout the entire game, they played with heart and they played through poor shooting in the first half. It was very encouraging and great to see.  

Can I add that I like that we don’t have all the “heads” behind the goals anymore? It’s just nice to watch the game, if you know what I mean?

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Can't really share with you.... at this time.... as to where this is coming from.  However.... things have taken a dramatic upturn in terms of Romeo.  Not just this game. But this game really helped. 

Love this news mile!! So happy to see the guys keep us in the game with 2 of our starters out for most of the first half! Amazing run in the second half. Looking like things are finally clicking for the guys under CAM’s tutelage!

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

That's the thing though, that demonstrates a faulty formula. he has repeatedly picked us to lose or in this game to barely squeak by NW. Focusing on a statistical basis on a couple of games is a poor foundation. 

Vegas only had us as a 2 point favorite... it's not as if Pomeroy is way out on a limb here.

1 hour ago, FWIUFan said:

MIle,

Hope you right.  Maybe we should start calling you Yoda instead:)

Far from a long done deal.  Mom is on the side of IU. Dad...not so much.  Family struggle. At present.  Mom would like son to get a degree before working for a living. Dad feels that a degree is important as well. However, feels the pull of the NBA is stronger.... at first.

Bottom line  IU is raising.... whichever way this goes.

Just now, milehiiu said:

Far from a long done deal.  Mom is on the side of IU. Dad...not so much.  Family struggle. At present.  Mom would like son to get a degree before working for a living. Dad feels that a degree is important as well. However, feels the pull of the NBA is stronger.... at first.

Bottom line  IU is raising.... whichever way this goes.

Dad doesn't think Romeo can get to the NBA through IU? That's odd given our recent history. Guess he likes Kansas?

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Rojo catches a lot of crap. But his defense is somehow overlooked. He is solid game after game at that end.

He’s been awful inconsistent this year, which we need to change going forward if we want to get a couple upset wins and get in the tournament talk. I thought he was flat out awful against PSU at both ends, but was very good today. Hope we see today’s performance most of the time here on out. We need it with Davis out. 

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Dad doesn't think Romeo can get to the NBA through IU? That's odd given our recent history. Guess he likes Kansas?

Not at all.  Just that, unlike mom.... Dad feels the one and done route.. regardless of school.... while mom wants a four year commitment, before the NBA.... and feels that IU is the best route to follow.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Not at all.  Just that, unlike mom.... Dad feels the one and done route.. regardless of school.... while mom wants a four year commitment, before the NBA.... and feels that IU is the best route to follow.

I think we can all agree that we are rooting for mom on this one.  Can you imagine four years of Romeo?  

Archived