Preparedness.

mrflynn03

19 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

There is a picture somewhere. That thing was probably 4 ft long at least. 

Also caught a 30 ish lb white freshwater drum on a trip to Lake Cumberland. 

You want big fish, go for tarpon in the Florida Keys. Caught a few "babies" down there. 

Would love to do a deepwater trip for a truly big fish one day. 

I was on the docks in Mississippi this afternoon, and somebody came in with about a 5 or 6 foot tuna.  Can't imagine catching something that big. 

• Like 3

On 10/19/2021 at 12:47 PM, RoadToZion said:

I about fell over when I read this headline. Lower expectations......seriously? Yep, we are in trouble. 

@Steubenhoosier 

I'm just saying be prepared, and be able to lock in prices for essentials and have a few weeks of food, water, and preferred fuel available. 

Anyone who can't see this moronic administration is intentionally trying to f@#k this country up has their head in the sand. 

They are doing this intentionally.  

Get ready for Wiemar Republic 2.0

But being prepared isn't a bad plan. 

A few years ago my town was without power for about 36 hours. 

I had clean water, hot food and my frozen goods stayed frozen. 

Edited by mrflynn03

4 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

In the vein of preparedness, Does anyone watch the show Homestead Rescue? 

There's some folks out there trying to be self sufficient that may not be able to hit the ground by dropping a rock.

Water, food, shelter. In that order.

One thing people don't know is there is 30-40 gallons of sterile water in your water heater. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

One thing people don't know is there is 30-40 gallons of sterile water in your water heater. 

Down here in Florida we also fill up our tub in preparation of a hurricane. So if you can do so before an event that is a good place to start as well. Having cooking water for the propane grill and heck even something just give yourself a whore bath to wet a wash cloth comes in real handy if the water goes out in 90 degree heat. Always keep a rotation of about 8-10 cases of water in the house for drinking.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Where is this all coming from?

I have no idea what this thread is referring to.

We live a regular life and get what we need from the local Meijers. 

Not sure where the alarmist attitude is coming from 

I don't know about your Miejers but the stores down my way are getting picked pretty clean. Don't get me wrong there is still plenty of food at the moment...but I can't find ton's of my normal shopping list. From toilet paper now to Diet Mt Dew to frozen buffalo wings and many many different cuts of meat to several other things....don't get me wrong...it is still coming in but I can't go to the store every day to see it come off the trucks and get it. Nobody is starving but the OP was just saying it doesn't hurt to stock up on your daily necessities...and while you are at it be prepared for anything....when there are already problems....imagine another major gas/oil refinary going offline again like it did with the cyber attack or a couple things like that....things can change rapidly when the supply chain is already stressed it can cascade rather quickly.

Edited by dgambill
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don't know about your Miejers but the stores down my way are getting picked pretty clean. Don't get me wrong there is still plenty of food at the moment...but I can't find ton's of my normal shopping list. From toilet paper now to Diet Mt Dew to frozen buffalo wings and many many different cuts of meat to several other things....don't get me wrong...it is still coming in but I can't go to the store every day to see it come off the trucks and get it. Nobody is starving but the OP was just saying it doesn't hurt to stock up on your daily necessities...and while you are at it be prepared for anything....when there are already problems....imagine another major gas/oil refinary going offline again like it did with the cyber attack or a couple things like that....things can change rapidly when the supply chain is already stressed it can cascade rather quickly.

I swear I hadn't read this until after I posted.....speaking of cyber attacks on the supply chain. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-25/solarwinds-hackers-targeting-tech-supply-chain-microsoft-says

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Thanks for this. Well, said.

I care about our IU family. 

I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but I've got some information that is confidential.

Not saying the worst will happen, just saying to stock up and take care of your families.  

And I also am trying to provide tips on emergency preparation.  

How many knew their water heater contains sterile water?  How many. Knew it takes electricity to pump water to you house?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wasn’t sure if I should post this here or in the CV thread?

Yesterday they announced that our main assembly line was shutting down until the end of the year! 
When the grade of stainless needed to make evaporator plates and the copper tubing for the evaporators are unavailable…..?

As my boss puts it, “an ice machine without evaporators is a water fountain “

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...