Ohio State post-game........

• Artesian_86 changed the title to Ohio State pre-game thread........

I had a dream the other night that we were playing OSU. It was tied at 28 with about 8 minutes left in the game. Somehow, Penix was back at QB. We had the ball near their 30 yard line. Penix dropped back to pass, got chased out of the pocket, kept running backward for some reason, then from midfield, fired a pass all the way to the end zone. It was incomplete, but OSU got flagged for pass interference. The official who made the call started getting pelted with trash from the thousands of OSU fans in attendance, so he decided to apply NFL rules and make it a spot foul, giving us the ball at the 1 yard line. 

Unfortunately, I woke up at this point, so I can't tell you how we failed to convert on 4th down. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Honestly, if you’re not going to redshirt McCulley you may as well try starting him.

none of the other QB’s have been able to have any success. Might as well try him. 

He is now #2 QB with no concern about redshirting him going forward according to CTA in today's presser.  Guess that says a lot about expectations for Penix to return.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

That is a great observation, considering the painted red area is the only part of the field where a touchdown may be scored. 

Hopefully CTA created a stir with the OL coaches and gave them brutally honest evaluations. I’ve said it before….Coach Allen has looked very frustrated and appears to be chewing on a Coach about a play call at times when the camera has zoomed in on him.

Yes our schedule is brutal, but any offense at all and we are 4 2. Cinn game pick six and some other costly interceptions and a fumble late at the 4 yard line. MSU, gave them at least 10 points in a 20 ,15 lose! 
so pissed we have squandered this great opportunity to move out program forward! 
we wasted years with Lynch, then Doug Mallory at DC was horrible wasted some great offensive teams. Now Hiller and Nick Sheridan. Who has faith in either one? We have a top defense and a bottom of the barrel offense! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Yes our schedule is brutal, but any offense at all and we are 4 2. Cinn game pick six and some other costly interceptions and a fumble late at the 4 yard line. MSU, gave them at least 10 points in a 20 ,15 lose! 
so pissed we have squandered this great opportunity to move out program forward! 
we wasted years with Lynch, then Doug Mallory at DC was horrible wasted some great offensive teams. Now Hiller and Nick Sheridan. Who has faith in either one? We have a top defense and a bottom of the barrel offense! 

Exactly! It’s time to move on From Hiller and Sheridan it’s pathetic! We don’t have any time to waste. 

I don’t think that means much really! Kids come to play no fun no matter how much LOE is going on if your not playing! Sampson want to leave a year ago! Then got passed up by Carr, the other guy fumbled his way off the field that’s way he left! I haven’t heard anything about Tracy so feeling it’s a playing time issue ! 
Riding the bench on a losing team! Is tough!

11 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Is it normal for programs to have as many mid-season transfers as we're seeing? Doesn't give me good vibes about the direction we're heading. 

I would say it is.  It just "bugs" us when it is our players that transfer.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/TransferPortalPositionRanking/

Edited by rico

19 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Is it normal for programs to have as many mid-season transfers as we're seeing? Doesn't give me good vibes about the direction we're heading. 

It’s a lot easier to decide to transfer mid season with the 4 games but payed and still redshirt rule.  Not sure it factors for these two but now you can play and see what happens and decide midseason you want to bounce.  I suspect we will see this consistently every year with the redshirt rule as is.  Not saying it’s bad just pointing it out.