Ohio State post-game........

9 hours ago, IU878176 said:

I’m just a little surprised that this year we have the most transfers out, so far, in the BT. 
On the flip side we had some decent transfers come in this year.

I keep reading that everything is good inside the program, but the transfers and the product on the field sure doesn't seem like it.

41 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I keep reading that everything is good inside the program, but the transfers and the product on the field sure doesn't seem like it.

Transfers happen to all programs.  Likely more now with NIL.  The QB for App St transferred from Clemson to Duke to App St.

I wouldn’t use transfers to gage if things are bad or good.  If anything I would say the ones that don’t buy in to LEO are the ones more likely to transfer.

21 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Transfers happen to all programs.  Likely more now with NIL.  The QB for App St transferred from Clemson to Duke to App St.

I wouldn’t use transfers to gage if things are bad or good.  If anything I would say the ones that don’t buy in to LEO are the ones more likely to transfer.

Agree….the one thing that concerns me is when players transfer from the side of the ball that’s struggling. My mind immediately goes to the coaches  (who’s players, play calling and preparedness) specific to that area, are suspect….. I often wonder if a different coach, a better coach could have seen something in those players and end up helping the team… just thinking out loud.

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

Yeah I'm with btownqb. I'm not a huge fan of bubble screens either but the OL play combined with the lack of receiver separation makes it nigh impossible to consistently get throw the ball downfield. 

Any poster using the word “nigh” deserves respect! 
On topic, Fryfogle claimed at the beginning of the season, that he was the best receiver in the country. He has fallen way short and really has been a disappointment. Needs to step up his game starting tomorrow 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Any poster using the word “nigh” deserves respect! 
On topic, Fryfogle claimed at the beginning of the season, that he was the best receiver in the country. He has fallen way short and really has been a disappointment. Needs to step up his game starting tomorrow 

A big game by Fryfogle today coupled with an IU victory and all will be forgotten.

On the receiver front, I hope we are only a year away from getting much better.  We have a host of highly ranked receivers who are young.  It’s a very tough position to adjust to at this level.  Heard has a good reputation as a position coach so hopefully they are learning rapidly.  Bottom line, hopefully next year we will have a group who can readily separate.  

We are coming up on the 4 game maximum to preserve the redshirt. Hopefully we can get a glimpse of some of these young guys here and there, this season. 

25 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Normally I would agree but we’d still be 3-4. I know we’ve played a very tough schedule but that’s still a disappointing record considering preseason expectations.

LOL....I would be ecstatic with 3-4 with one of those wins being tOSU.

28 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

starts with the OL coach.  If you continue to struggle with blocking then OC needs to make more adjustments than just bubble screens.    

A RT being able to sustain a block long enough so our QB doesn't get killed, so we can have a vertical passing game.... should not be an adjustment. 

Oh well.. we weren't going to be able to run much deep stuff successfully anyway with the conditions Sat night. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

A RT being able to sustain a block long enough so our QB doesn't get killed, so we can have a vertical passing game.... should not be an adjustment. 

Oh well.. we weren't going to be able to run much deep stuff successfully anyway with the conditions Sat night. 

Making adjustments is part of the game across the board for anyone regardless if your on the field or in the press box.  We weren't winning the game anyways