IU Women’s Basketball

7 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I don't know if I want to be proud or cry.....  🙄

What do you mean? I wasn't trying to take a shot at the men's program, if that's how you interpreted it. We've won 9 of the last 10 against Purdue, and many of the previous 8 were games that weren't particularly close or carried much significance. We were missing our leading scorer and starting point guard, who account for nearly 30 points per game for us. Throw in Ali Patberg having a terrible game, in a fairly hostile environment, down by 8 with 3 minutes left, and this was a gutsy win. This also could have been a huge, program-changing win for Purdue and we stole it from them. This is the kind of game you win when your program has a strong culture, something I've been craving to see from the men's program for years, but by no means was I trying to take a swipe at them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

What do you mean? I wasn't trying to take a shot at the men's program, if that's how you interpreted it. We've won 9 of the last 10 against Purdue, and many of the previous 8 were games that weren't particularly close or carried much significance. We were missing our leading scorer and starting point guard, who account for nearly 30 points per game for us. Throw in Ali Patberg having a terrible game, in a fairly hostile environment, down by 8 with 3 minutes left, and this was a gutsy win. This also could have been a huge, program-changing win for Purdue and we stole it from them. This is the kind of game you win when your program has a strong culture, something I've been craving to see from the men's program for years, but by no means was I trying to take a swipe at them. 

It was a great win. I think the men are trending in the right direction. They need the same toughness.

• Like 1

Watching the replay and while Purdue is far from the most talented team IU will play this year, they had a big vocal crowd and were really playing with energy and enthusiasm.  IU could have easily folded and if it were the men's team, they would have.  IU won't play in a more hostile atmosphere than they did in this game and it's a real credit that they showed a backbone and will to win.

It's just irritating that IU's men's team is so soft on the road.  They could really take a page from the ladies program here.  The ladies are damned tough.

15 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Watching the replay and while Purdue is far from the most talented team IU will play this year, they had a big vocal crowd and were really playing with energy and enthusiasm.  IU could have easily folded and if it were the men's team, they would have.  IU won't play in a more hostile atmosphere than they did in this game and it's a real credit that they showed a backbone and will to win.

It's just irritating that IU's men's team is so soft on the road.  They could really take a page from the ladies program here.  The ladies are damned tough.

We finally have a coach….same as IU mbb.

now can she recruit like CMW ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

@TheWatShot This what I was implying by my simple comment.

Thanks FKIM01.....

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The men win by about 200. 

Your basic premise is correct, if exaggerated by a lot of hyperbole.

If the contest were simply mental without an athletic component, I'd dare say the women would smoke the men here.  They are just way more mentally tough than IU's guys.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Your basic premise is correct, if exaggerated by a lot of hyperbole.

If the contest were simply mental without an athletic component, I'd dare say the women would smoke the men here.  They are just way more mentally tough than IU's guys.

The women are immensely more talented than the men, comparatively.

2 All Americans, another All big ten level performer, and Gulbe who if she isn't 3rd team All B1G she should be on the defensive team. 

Plus.. NHC who is a great player to have next to the other 4.