IU Women’s Basketball

On 1/17/2022 at 10:29 PM, TheWatShot said:

It's a knee injury. No structural damage, but I'm a bit concerned that there's no timetable for her return. I hate it when people are vague and cryptic when it comes to injuries. 

Quoting myself because my instinct was right on the money. Holmes had knee surgery and is expected to be out at least a month, possibly the rest of the season. 

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tough watching that game yesterday against Michigan.  Certainly needed Holmes, for scoring, defensr against Hillmon, and mostly rebounding.  They stayed in the game as long as they could, but the rebounding disadvantage finally did them in.  I hope we play them again with a full, healthy and rested team.  I don't really think they are better than IU.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 3:07 PM, bluegrassIU said:

So IU basketball has played Purdue 3 times this season (men and women combined) and we are 3-0.

The world seems in balance.  😎

As the late HTD would say, "Top of the world, Ma! How sweet it is!!!"

Could Berger and Gulbe come back next season? I think they still have the extra Covid year if they want it. I know Patberg and Cardaño-Hillary have used up their eligibility. 

• 4 weeks later...

This is a great team to watch. They play hard nose defense and get quality shots. I’ve enjoyed watching them courtside with the family the last two days and can’t wait to watch a championship tomorrow. If you are in the Indy area I recommend checking out this team tomorrow at 4pm. You can get great seat for less than $20. Hope to see you all tomorrow afternoon. 

• Like 1