IU Women’s Basketball

17 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

How good will IU be moving forward when all these current players move on.

They have been a special group. But do we have a program and roster that can sustain after this season is over?

We bring back Berger and Holmes next year. And Chloe McNeil is improving as I type this. Her physical tools are very impressive. 

Only other things I would add... we are bringing in 2 highly rated girls next year. 

But... this team would the women's version of Buckner, May, Wilkerson and that group. Icons. Patberg, Berger, and Holmes have been that successful. 

Our 5 girls starters are all 5 of the best players we've ever had here. So, at any point, for any program.. a group of kids like that, that have stuck together... goodness. It's hard to put a price tag on that, ya know? 

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We are fighting if someone does those 3 straight things to me in a competition.. back to back to back. 

This is why I feel criticizing officiating is completely inbounds following games. 

That was absolutely atrocious and just that one play caused a potential 5-point swing during the 3rd quarter when it was just a 6 point lead. 

That directly had an impact in the outcome. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This is why I feel criticizing officiating is completely inbounds following games. 

That was absolutely atrocious and just that one play caused a potential 5-point swing during the 3rd quarter when it was just a 6 point lead. 

That directly had an impact in the outcome. 

I blame the officials, but the blame goes all the way to the top.  That’s only allowed to happen because that’s the way they want it.

As btownqb said this was a great team.

Berger just never got into the game offensively today, and she has all the weapons.  She will be a good player to build around next year.

UConn was just too deep and too athletic for IU.

Holmes is a "bumble bee" player -- i.e., you look at her and can't believe that she can fly.  She's not very athletic except she's like Cody in the little box around the basket on both ends as she knows the angles and uses them well.

• Like 2

Also it’s very clear Holmes was still injured and gassed for the last couple tourney games.  Quite a few times she just couldn’t or wouldn’t move to get the easy rebound or box out the missed shot.  Don’t get me wrong  she has been fantastic for IU but a fully healthy Holmes completely changes things for this team over the last month.

By the way the Oregon women signed five 5 star recruits in 2020 and now three have left the team in two years.  Parrish srarted all year and was second on the team in 3pt%.  She appeared to hardly play in their NCAA game compared to other games.  Not sure why, could have been fouls or injury but that last game stat line stood out,

• Like 1