IU Women’s Basketball

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm sure. I just don't understand how that ends up equating to "more scholarships for women" ya know? I would assume that would be equal. Assume there is something I'm missing. 

Well 85 full scholarships for football tilts the scholarship count quite a bit in favor of the men, so I assume most women's sport have more than the male counterpart. 

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm sure. I just don't understand how that ends up equating to "more scholarships for women" ya know? I would assume that would be equal. Assume there is something I'm missing. 

Probably do to the fact that women don't have the equivalent for Football so that is 85 more scholarships for men than women.

• Like 1

basketball used to be 15 scholarships also , but was reduced to 13  in the 1992-93 season as a result of cost cutting reform measures strongly influenced by the Presidents Commission trying to control soaring athletic department budgets ( South Florida SunSentinel) LOL. I always thought it was an attempt to “spread the wealth “.

I was surprised that the women got 15.  I just think that at the time ( amid maybe now?) Women we’re an afterthought by the NCAA.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...