Archie Miller

On 10/23/2021 at 6:34 AM, Blazin Hazin said:

It's weird when you hear fired coaches like Archie talk and realize that they're actually pretty smart and likeable.  I thought the same thing when Mike Davis was interviewed a few years ago.

Coaching at this level is really really hard, and for whatever reason, Archie just wasn't up to the task.  The best reason I can give is his offensive scheme just didn't work.  Perhaps non-coincidentally, it didn't work for his brother either in the last few years either.    

The pack line D didnt work in the era of the 3 ball. And the talent he had. Not smart enough to change it and it cost him.

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

The pack line D didnt work in the era of the 3 ball. And the talent he had. Not smart enough to change it and it cost him.

He also never landed any shooters.  Maybe I'm remembering wrong but as much as people always complained about our offense I remember us getting plenty of good looks.  The problem is we never had a guy on the team who could throw it out of a boat and hit water.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It did. It also was one of the luckiest runs I can remember. 

That same program also gets bounced in the first round on a regular basis. 

Yeah that pack line was the first #1 seed to ever lose to a #16 seed.

If i never hear IU and pack line defense in the same sentence again i will be happy lol. 

• Like 5

Archie knows hoops. He didn’t get to IU on accident.  He just basically recruited a Dayton roster to IU.  

Also, all of his 5 stars were Indiana kids - his offensive style had zero attraction nationally.  

He’ll learn from this and bounce back - better than say a guy like John Groce has. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Our 87 team had some luck to it but it didn't deminish the title.  Had two last second shots to win games by 1 point.

Hitting a last second shot to win a back and forth game is different than three straight come backs that are 2 possession leads with under 20 seconds. That's the other team blowing a game three games in a row. 

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Hitting a last second shot to win a back and forth game is different than three straight come backs that are 2 possession leads with under 20 seconds. That's the other team blowing a game three games in a row. 

We were down 12 to LSU in the second half. Were down 14 early to Auburn the second round