OSU @ IU game thread

Reacher

6 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I like when the announcer said Ryan Day switched Defensive Coordinators after they got beat by Oregon. Our O-line is so bad and play calling is so vanilla and predictable…. I sure hope CTA puts big boy pants on in the off season and finds a new a OC and O-line Coach….He has to be thinking this…

Not only does it hurt the offense, but you know the defense has to get frustrated. The defense has played good enough to win about every game so far, and they have nothing to show for it. I've watched it with the Bears for years. After a while, the defense gets demoralized. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Not only does it hurt the offense, but you know the defense has to get frustrated. The defense has played good enough to win about every game so far, and they have nothing to show for it. I've watched it with the Bears for years. After a while, the defense gets demoralized. 

Our offensive line is getting absolutely dominated in this game.  We absolutely must make a change in the off-season 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Our offensive line is getting absolutely dominated in this game.  We absolutely must make a change in the off-season 

It's to the point where the guys on the OL coaching themselves with YouTube videos might be an improvement. It's mind blowing a line with this much experience in a system can be so bad. And not just bad. They've got to be the worst OL in P5 football by a wide margin.

1 minute ago, OLDIUFAN said:

It’s hard to believe this is the same team as last year ! Changes need to be made! Starting at Hiller. Then who ever missed what a bad job he was doing ! 

I'm not a fan on firing a position coach mid-season, but I would make an exception in this case. Our OL has killed this team. Dramatically limited the offense, and the lack of offense has beat down the defense. Maybe a firing would give the line a different mindset and give them a boost. I feel confident in saying it can't be worse than it is now.

7 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I would love to see CTA make a change right  now. It show’s he’s had enough 

That's why my opinion of Allen hasn't changed at all this year. You could tell in DeBord's last year that he was getting pissd with the offense. Not a chance in hell DeBord retired on his own. He's had 3 coaching jobs since he left. I don't think Allen puts up with coaches not getting it done, and I think we're definitely going to see changes on the offensive staff in the offseason.

All the coaches on offense outside of McCullough (and probably Heard) should be worried. Lots and lots of blame to go around on that side of the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loviubb said:

IU was on an up swing in football last year with no fans! SHOULD HAVE PLAYED FOR BIG 10 CHAMPS. LAST YEAR!! Changed the rules so OSU Could make the money! IU football in the east of the conference is screwed from day 1  I STILL GIVE COACH ALLEN A PLUS!!! He is going to keep going until IU is not going to be screwed every call every GAME!!  Sorry for some spelling and other screw ups in my post GO IU!!

You're good. McFadden doesn't get kicked out things are changed in a big way 

• Like 1

You can say McFadden being kicked out changed our out look all you want but, I feel it’s all comes down to the offense line! 
Harried passes that lead to pick sixes! Are untimely interceptions. A real lack of a running game! 
just can’t believe we didn’t see these glaring short comes in spring an fall camps! 

4 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

You can say McFadden being kicked out changed our out look all you want but, I feel it’s all comes down to the offense line! 
Harried passes that lead to pick sixes! Are untimely interceptions. A real lack of a running game! 
just can’t believe we didn’t see these glaring short comes in spring an fall camps! 

Our only real weakness on defense is the lack of a pass rush, so I could see how that would make the o line look better than it was before the start of the season.

Again… listened to CTA’s post game with Don Fisher and obviously very disappointed, but could tell from his limited responses that he felt they had zero chance of winning that game after Jack went down. He said we hit a  buzz saw tonight and the rain didn’t help. IMO, If I were Sheridan or Hiller, I would be checking the wanted ads soon.

I am going to callyself a hypocrite tonight because I did something tonight that I have criticized IU fans for years.  I left a game at halftime tonight and thought I would never do that.  My son was ready to leave and wanted to go home and see his daughter.  We were drenched and I wasn't happy with our effort tonight.  The main reason I didn't mind leaving was the obnoxious OSU fan who was getting on all the IU fans. At dinner at Buffa Louises we set with two OSU fans and they were as nice as you could be. I had heard about how bad OSU fans can be but these two were great but the one at the game showed me the bad side.

I did not expect a win but was disappointed that we didn't at least compete better.  I know it really hurt losing Tuttle but our defense had no answers for OSU offense.

I think it is time to get your young offensive players in the game and get them experience for next year.  With the schedule and the injuries this season is off the rails so go young and get them the needed experience.

I just hope the excitement around the program doesn't go away because of this season.  It is a lot easier to lose the support than to increase the support.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am going to callyself a hypocrite tonight because I did something tonight that I have criticized IU fans for years.  I left a game at halftime tonight and thought I would never do that.  My son was ready to leave and wanted to go home and see his daughter.  We were drenched and I wasn't happy with our effort tonight.  The main reason I didn't mind leaving was the obnoxious OSU fan who was getting on all the IU fans. At dinner at Buffa Louises we set with two OSU fans and they were as nice as you could be. I had heard about how bad OSU fans can be but these two were great but the one at the game showed me the bad side.

I did not expect a win but was disappointed that we didn't at least compete better.  I know it really hurt losing Tuttle but our defense had no answers for OSU offense.

I think it is time to get your young offensive players in the game and get them experience for next year.  With the schedule and the injuries this season is off the rails so go young and get them the needed experience.

I just hope the excitement around the program doesn't go away because of this season.  It is a lot easier to lose the support than to increase the support.

Bennett played a fair amount. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Bennett played a fair amount. 

I didn't notice him in there but that was good. Since you coach can I ask you why IU subs their WR's in and out after every other play.  To me it would be hard to get into a rhythm coming in and out so much.  I noticed a few times on first down they didn't have their top 3 receivers in and also had the backup RB in ad well.