Brad Stevens....

rico

Brad left Butler and has been a success with the Celts.  Billy D. is doing fine at OKC.  Don't really follow the NBA so I don't know what coaching vacancies will open up at the end of the year in the Association.  But what college coaches do you think might be targeted for the next level?

1 hour ago, addictedtoIU said:

Tom Crean?

Crean's style of coaching is not a good fit for the NBA. His x's and o's actually would be. But not his temperament or style. Kelvin Sampson? Seems if he was going to get a shot, he would of by now. He's 62. Normally it's guys in their 40's. 

What about a lady HC ?  Always thought that Pat Summit could handle the NBA.  She was tough, but fair.

In terms of today, staying on the subject of ladies becoming HC in the NBA ?  How about Becky Hammon ? I know she does not meet the criteria of moving from college to pros. However, her jersey is retired in the rafters of Moby Arena on the campus of Colorado State University.  She has played professional ball.  And is currently an assistant in the NBA.

Is Becky Hammon now a head-coaching candidate?

58 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

What about a lady HC ?  Always thought that Pat Summit could handle the NBA.  She was tough, but fair.

In terms of today, staying on the subject of ladies becoming HC in the NBA ?  How about Becky Hammon ? I know she does not meet the criteria of moving from college to pros. However, her jersey is retired in the rafters of Moby Arena on the campus of Colorado State University.  She has played professional ball.  And is currently an assistant in the NBA.

She will be the first female NBA head coach.  

31 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

She will be the first female NBA head coach.  

I think it’s about as likely that there will be a female NBA player as it is that there will be a female NBA head coach.  Even former NBA players have trouble managing egos and getting a team to buy in and respect them as coaches.  No way a female head coach could pull that off. 

43 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I think it’s about as likely that there will be a female NBA player as it is that there will be a female NBA head coach.  Even former NBA players have trouble managing egos and getting a team to buy in and respect them as coaches.  No way a female head coach could pull that off. 

Totally respect your opinion. Really do.  But reflecting back on my Army days.... I ran into a few lady officers that scared the heck out of many of us. And they immediately commanded and got our respect. They were not mean. Just tough and fair. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I agree about Summit, and have followed the Lady Vols closely during much of her career. She meant business, and was a legit all-time great!

I don't know much about Hammon, but that's a pretty impressive career thus far.

1 minute ago, jblaz13 said:

I agree about Summit, and have followed the Lady Vols closely during much of her career. She meant business, and was a legit all-time great!

I don't know much about Hammon, but that's a pretty impressive career thus far.

Summit actually got offered the men's job at UT.

50 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Maybe a female head coach happens, maybe it doesn't, but to make a comparison to a female playing in the NBA is beyond ridiculous.  There are biological limitations to a female playing in the NBA that don't exist with regards to coaching.  Are you saying women aren't as smart as men?  Or just that you could never respect a female leader?  Or maybe you could respect a female, but an NBA player isn't sophisticated enough to?  

Give me a break.  Maybe former NBA players have problems because they suck at delivering the message.  

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Maybe a female head coach happens, maybe it doesn't, but to make a comparison to a female playing in the NBA is beyond ridiculous.  There are biological limitations to a female playing in the NBA that don't exist with regards to coaching.  Are you saying women aren't as smart as men?  Or just that you could never respect a female leader?  Or maybe you could respect a female, but an NBA player isn't sophisticated enough to?  

Give me a break.  Maybe former NBA players have problems because they suck at delivering the message.  

He wasn't making a comparison between the two things. He was comparing the likelihood of the two things happening. There is a difference.

Much like if I were to compare the likelihood of Purdue winning a national championship and Hitler coming back from the dead. Just because I compare the likelihood of either happening, doesn't mean I am inferring anything about Purdue.

1 hour ago, madmax said:

He wasn't making a comparison between the two things. He was comparing the likelihood of the two things happening. There is a difference.

Much like if I were to compare the likelihood of Purdue winning a national championship and Hitler coming back from the dead. Just because I compare the likelihood of either happening, doesn't mean I am inferring anything about Purdue.

I understand that. If you think either of those is a worthwhile comparison then.... Nevermind...

Archived